Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Listening to music while riding....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007 | 12:23 AM
Default RE: Listening to music while riding....

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

It's illegal in some states to wear headphones while riding. It is in Tennessee, as I found out the hard way, and the cop took my ear buds. Some states it's legal to wear only one headphone, and in other states it's legal to wear both.

Voodoo, check out the new Dainese Bluetooth helmet. It may be able to play audio from an iPod. If you have a cellphone that plays MP3's, it would probably also work with that.
i dont get that though... i see plenty of hoodlums in their vehicles music so loud the cars about to break down..obviously theyre dangerous because they cant hear **** and might in danger someone... but on a bike who are you going to hurt besides yourself?

Old 07-27-2007 | 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: roki530i

It's illegal in some states to wear headphones while riding. It is in Tennessee, as I found out the hard way, and the cop took my ear buds. Some states it's legal to wear only one headphone, and in other states it's legal to wear both.

Voodoo, check out the new Dainese Bluetooth helmet. It may be able to play audio from an iPod. If you have a cellphone that plays MP3's, it would probably also work with that.
i dont get that though... i see plenty of hoodlums in their vehicles music so loud the cars about to break down..obviously theyre dangerous because they cant hear **** and might in danger someone... but on a bike who are you going to hurt besides yourself?
The insurance company.

Old 07-27-2007 | 12:49 AM
Mad

+1 on the helmet speakers from helmetaudio.com. I use them and they work great. They are not that loud but I can hear the music while still being able to hear the cars, sirens,my bike, etc.

Old 07-27-2007 | 03:48 AM

same in chicago, i got a blackberry pearl i use as my ipod since its always with me and i got rolled with a 75$ fine for having 1 headphone in

Old 07-27-2007 | 04:09 AM

Theres a guy that works with me thats stone Deaf... hell thats leagal...

I got a little creative Zen V pluss with Iasus helmet speakers then peaked it out a bit more with their amp.... I now rock while commuting to work..

$106 @ Wal~Mart
$50-$60 on the web

$65 on the net

Being able to listen to something other that the engine....Pricless

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:21 AM

I listen to my MP3 while on long straight stretches (lots of those in Oklahoma). Never in traffic and never in the twisties (gotta go to Arkansas for those).

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:43 AM

anyone know i site to find out the laws in your state for the headphones? i live in maine.

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:49 AM

nevermind, found it.....http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:58 AM

the phillips noise canceling from walmart never fall out of your ears with a helmet and they rock....there like $27 and they even come with bigger rubber grommets to form fit your ear canal....how the hell do they even spot headphones lol????.....how do you guys have these problems lol

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:59 AM

Yeah, I like to listen to the music I have stored on my phone when I ride. I love setting it to random so everything jumps around. The ear piece can get uncomfortable if I use it too long, but that's minor.

Quick Reply: Listening to music while riding....