CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   listening to music (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/listening-music-87332/)

Todd84 02-11-2009 11:53 AM

I listen to music a lot. I use my I pod. I have friends that have bluetooth headphones set in their helmet for when they are riding. I have though about it but haven't done that yet. I like music but I never have it so loud you can't here anything else.

HELLA 05-12-2009 03:24 PM

i have two 3.5in jl audio speakers installed on my bike. runs off a 300watt mini amp. i used to have a 6x9 infiniti kappa speaker installed in the rear seat but i took that out. ipod nano since it doesn't have any moving parts to skip playback due to all the vibration. works great and disturbs the peace nicely.

i tried the headphone thing before but i couldnt concentrate on the traffic. imo, the speakers installed on the bike are a lot safer for me than using headphones.

nutter 05-12-2009 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I listen to music every time i go out on my bike it comes from the micron

mr_santini 05-12-2009 04:44 PM

I tried using both my iPod Video and my cell phone to listen to tunes, but I was always worried about something happening to it and it was such a pain to switch songs safely. For a solution I picked up an iPod Shuffle. I got the older model because the new one has inline volume control and you have to use the JUNK Apple headphones.

For headphones I bought a pair of SkullCandy brand earbuds. You can get them for about 15 bucks on eBay. They stay in no problem and are super comfortable with great sound. Sony makes a similar pair for like $5 on eBay.

With the Shuffle clipped to the cuff on my throttle hand, I run the cord through my sleeve and to my dome. I can safely reach over with my left hand and change songs, pause, and adjust volume. Total investment was under $75 bucks and I have 2 gigs worth of jams.

Speedemon636 05-12-2009 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 745740)
the music distracts me wayyyyy toooo much ..:confused:

+1

He says it all right there..

jinxxy_cat 05-13-2009 01:07 AM

I almost always have my iPod when I ride. iPod sits in my front right jeans pocket so I can only change songs when I'm stopped, I run the earphones under my shirt so the rubber earbuds don't get caught in the jacket zipper. I also just got the skull candy earphones. They stay in my ears even when I take my helmet off when the Sonys I had would fall out. Great sound too. I'm not worried about not hearing other cars because I keep the volume at less than half ( as opposed to maxxed out when I'm walking somewhere). if I can't hear my own bike with tunes on, it's too loud.

gotcbr 05-13-2009 01:54 PM

Yes, I use a Sansa E280R. I use Skull Candy ear buds...b/c the cord has the volume adjustment tab on it. I keep my Sansa its orig cloth sleeve & inside my riding jacket pocket. I thread the buds cord down thru the front of my helmet w/ plenty of slack. Works great.

I tend to only use my mp3 on longer rides. In town, its just too much trouble on/off the bike, degearing/regearing to ride, etc.

I don't really want to get into the debate about whether its good or bad to ride w/ music. But, I will say that I definitely wouldn't recommend this for a new inexperienced rider. Ultimately, its a personal choice that you'll have to take responsibility for.

gangofhoes 05-13-2009 02:45 PM

Of course i listen to music when riding, i love to make my seanary match the music im listing to. I also ware skull candy ear buds just because they stay in really well, Never have both of them in tho. i like to have that one ear free to hear the phone numbers the girls are yelling at me.