Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

listening to music

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default listening to music

How do u guys listen to music while riding? I've tried to velcro an ipod to my triple clamps, tie wrap an old walkman to my bike- nothing seems to really work well and forget about trying to change stations with gloves on. not only that, what kind of headphones do u use? ordinary ones from an ipod don't really keep the road noise out and they don't stay in very well.There's nothing like listening to a good song to get u going. any good ideas out there?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 PM

I always kept my mp3 player in the inner chest pocket and ran ear buds up the collar. My player has a toggle on it so I pointed it outward so I could just push on the outside of my jacket for volume or next song.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
June 2011 ROTM

My joe rocket jacket has a place for me to run my head phones through my jacket, but Ive never used it. I want to be able to hear around me as good as possible

Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM

i bought some head phones from wal-mart and they are sony, they have a thing that wraps around your ear. i just put my ipod in my inner pocket in my jacket and just listen to a playlist

Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM

yea buddy, I love riding and listening to some cranking tunes.

Made a play list called Graffiti time. haha cause I ride an 08. I use my 30gig ipod video with and body glove case I bought from walmart. Secures my ipod while I ride and I just clip it on my belt for easy access to adjust song and volume.

Be careful when you ride to music though. Cause it can really get you going if the right song comes on and your in the right situation. Just be smart.

Ride Safe!!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get these ready made type of ear molds. http://www.earmold.com.au/content/blogcategory/23/35/
Or I have a set that where made for about the same price. They literally take a mold of your ear, then make up ones for you on the spot (about 10 minutes) You then use your own stereo head plugs. I just load up my MP3 player & don't worry about trying to select tracks or what ever.
My mate uses the same thing, but bought a tank bag from of all places Aldi stores,
It has a pouch that is designed for a phone, but fit his Ipod thingo & he is able to change songs.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my own - Ipod with good quality earbud phones - clear at any speed. The earphones have a volume control which I can move up or down if need be, but I generally set it before leaving and go from there.

In a group - NO WAY - too many other issues to worry about.

I used bike to car radio on my last trip to Cape Town, which worked OK, just don't buy a voice activated unit - push to talk is the way to go.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 900rrSTUD
i bought some head phones from wal-mart and they are sony, they have a thing that wraps around your ear. i just put my ipod in my inner pocket in my jacket and just listen to a playlist
I have the same head phones they are great and comfortable inside the helmet. Like someone above said I have the Joe Rocket jacket and it has an MP3 player pocket. Don't listen to music too much when I ride unless I'm just taking it easy and joyriding. When I'm rippin' up the curves music just adds to me wanting to rip harder.. Not a good idea for me.

A playlist with your favorite songs is a good idea instead of trying to change songs and ride at the same time

Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM

yea i tried once but i couldnt really hear the music, and i feel more vulnerable if i cant hear other cars around me, or the sound of my bike, idk y
but to me it just seems more dangerous to not be able to hear

Quick Reply: listening to music