Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It was like I had landed on another planet....

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool It was like I had landed on another planet....

I had wanted a few early morning shots for the "All Time High" video I was making ... I got up early when it was still dark and drove out to the Llangollen Horseshoe pass, a lot of you will recognise this place from a few of my videos and I often drive ride through here on my way into deeper Wales ... I arrived when it was still dark and waited with my camera as the sun began to rise behind the mountains ... I was rewarded by the most amazing surreal colours and sky as the light began to flood into the valleys and onto the mountains, at one point it really did feel like I was in a scene from Star Trek ... I have tried to capture it with my camera but once again, you kinda had to be there :-)

I climbed the hill a wee bit so you could see the mist over the village in the next valley :-)

This is the road down the pass as the light began to get up...

The light now beginning to attack that mist....

Finally, the sun flooding the mountains and valleys, ready for another
glorious day ... and it was too, a perfect day, just perfect :-)

Last edited by Juliet; 10-31-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Jules ...I thought you were from a different planet kiddo ....LOL

really nice pics though ... looks chilly ? brrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, we're supposed to be from Venus aren't we ... whilst you are stuck out on Mars I believe ..lol

Yes, it was a wee bit cool until the sun got up, I love the coolness of the early mornings and late evenings here at this time of year but if it's sunny during the day and it was last Wednesday when I took these then it gets really warm and pleasant ... that day was one of the most beautiful this autumn, so glad I got up early and used the whole day :-)

Jules

Old 10-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Juliet: what kind of camera do you use?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Juliet: what kind of camera do you use?

I am using an ancient digicam ... a 5 year old Sony R1, but it is a nice camera ... next year I would liek to move to a decent DSLR ...
I really enjoy camera research, I am such a bore ..lol

Jules

Old 10-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TBH I thought you were using a high end dslr already I just got my girlfriend a Rebel EOS XSi for her birthday.

Shame Philadelphia lacks scenery like that.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
TBH I thought you were using a high end dslr already I just got my girlfriend a Rebel EOS XSi for her birthday.

Shame Philadelphia lacks scenery like that.
So far I am liking the sound of the Nikon D5000 DSLR :-)

Jules

Old 10-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juliet: Those pics are marvellous !

Although I`m from the Lancashire area, I`ve been through that area many times over the years (mostly at mach 2, of course....), and you`ve really done the scenery justice with those pics.

Nice one !

Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking another masterpiece Jules

get down... the pics almost look fake ...that has got to be some of the most beautiful country i have ever seen... you , my dear are living in heaven.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
get down... the pics almost look fake ...that has got to be some of the most beautiful country i have ever seen... you , my dear are living in heaven.
Oh noes!! ..not this again, did you spot a missing tree or a blade of grass or something else I overlooked?? ..lol

Actually, the one thing about my pictures is they are all straight from the camera ... I have never photoshopped, I don't even own photoshop ... I am one of these photographers that believes a photograph should be an accurate representation of what is seen by the camera and therefore was seen by me ... I try to capture the "moment" as it where ... I remember when digital photography first came out and everyone went overboard with altering pictures, you know they would stick a stupid big blue frog on someones shoulder and think that was wonderful ... I just thought ugh!! ..lol

So I made a point, that I would never "play" with my pictures ... if the light wasn't right or I couldn't get the shot I wanted then I would come back another day ... part of it for me is the being out and about, always ready with the camera "just in case" and of course I love the dawns we get here, I think it's a solitude thing too ... the one thing my camera will never be able to capture is the feelings and emotions of these places, watching that sun gradually come over the mountain and seein that mist gradually melt away was something else ... the pictures really are a poor substitue but do give an idea of it all :-)

Originally Posted by encee
Juliet: Those pics are marvellous !

Although I`m from the Lancashire area, I`ve been through that area many times over the years (mostly at mach 2, of course....), and you`ve really done the scenery justice with those pics.

Nice one !
Yes, you miss so much at Mach 2 ..lol ... I often stand in the road and walk back and forth across it to get my pics from the right angle etc, but I have to be wary of speeding bikes ... they shoot up and down the pass like jet fighters!!

Jules

Quick Reply: It was like I had landed on another planet....