Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A life skills question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A life skills question.

Say theres a coke machine. It takes .50$ to buy a coke. The machine will not take less for a coke nor will it take more than .50$ for a coke. Any extra money that is put into the machine immeditaly goes to the return coin slot. You put in .50$ to buy a coke but two(2) cokes come out and you take them both. Are you stealing?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Default RE: A life skills question.

no it was obviously a gift. lol

Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 PM

Your just picking up the good karma of life offered from the loss of the last guy due to his bad karma (last person was Gyped out of $.50 or a Coke...however you look at it).

Old 08-13-2008, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Your just picking up the good karma of life offered from the loss of the last guy due to his bad karma (last person was Gyped out of $.50 or a Coke...however you look at it).
So let me ask you this. The extra coke that came out was stuck up in the vending slot somewhere and my coke knocked it out? So basicly that coke was someone elses. The question still remains. Are you stealing that coke?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, but I would only enjoy one, the other would be drank so it wasn't wasted.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is said coke machine in front of an establishment such as a grocery store? If yes, they own the machine and you can just turn the extra coke to them since they usually rent the machines. If not, leave the extra coke there since you don't need the extra sugar. Technically yes you're stealing but morally I wouldn't consider it stealing unless you intentionally tried to find a way to get an extra coke. Now if 50 came out and you took'em, you're a thieving sot

Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Nope, it was the last persons day for bad karma. Their loss was invaluable enough that I wouldn't consider it stealing.

Now finding a wallet with $100 in it and saying it's your lucky day would be wrong in my book. I'd get in contact with the owner, and if all works out well, the owner may kick out a little good natured reward for helping them out.

Does that help?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Nope, it was the last persons day for bad karma. Their loss was invaluable enough that I wouldn't consider it stealing.
So, to steal something it must worth a value?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM

let me ask this, where did you find a machine that will give a Coke for only 50 cents? haha, haven't seen those prices for awhile. But I wouldn't consider it stealing, it was bought & paid for at one point in time, but not claimed and therforeleft for the goodness of the next person who comes along. Once paid for it's not the property of the vendor

Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM

hmmm.. i say if you've never ever gotten ripped off by a vending machine ever then it's stealing. if you have, then it's just repaying you!

Quick Reply: A life skills question.