Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life line

Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Life line

My bikes life since it has been in my hands.

This is the bike after i just got it. On the way home the right side fairings flew off and broke. And so my journey began. lol
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...idal07/003.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...idal07/009.jpg

The crazy amount of paint layers i had to get through!!!
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...dal07/0022.jpg

Everything has been primed and ready for paint.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...dal07/0014.jpg

The 95% complete result!
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...idal07/027.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...idal07/028.jpg

I have a windshield on order along with new bolts for all the fairings. It needs the exhaust to be painted and a rear fender and new mirrors. Then itll be 100%.

Thanks for looking

Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, wish I was good with a spray gun.
Until your new screen arrives you can compound that screen back to looking half decent with stuff they use on air plane perspex, bit of elbow grease involved though.
Depends on how long the new screens going to be.
What sort of graphics (if any) are going with?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol
God your 'crazy layers of paint' look soooo familiar
Name:  DSC00845.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  72.2 KB

The stripping gel is working fine on the paint (paint comes right up with a plastic knife). Problem is its so thick it's taking multiple applications

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM

Whats up with the passenger seat? Looks pretty bulgy

Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that blue is pretty sick IMO! Does it have metal flake in it? Can't really tell.. Seat looks like a seat cushion from a chair lol (no offense). Is it aftermarket?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Nice work, wish I was good with a spray gun.
Until your new screen arrives you can compound that screen back to looking half decent with stuff they use on air plane perspex, bit of elbow grease involved though.
Depends on how long the new screens going to be.
What sort of graphics (if any) are going with?
That was my first time with a paint gun i got from pep boys. IT was 40 bucks. The key is to practice on a piece of cardboard and get a flow you can work with. After that just go to town. haha. PM me if you want to get into it. lol

As far as the screen it should be here next week so ill wait. lol and the passenger seat i have no idea. Its crazy ugly but will have do do for now. Its so huge that my wife is at like a 45 degree angle. lol

The decals im going with are the ones from ebay. They say like CBR racing and CBR F2. Ill get pics up after i get them.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Speedemon636
Man that blue is pretty sick IMO! Does it have metal flake in it? Can't really tell.. Seat looks like a seat cushion from a chair lol (no offense). Is it aftermarket?
The blue is the dupli-color auto paint that you get from auto zone or pep boys. It kinda has a metal flake. Really small though. Read the above comment for the seat. lol It just came with the bike. haha

Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
That was my first time with a paint gun i got from pep boys. IT was 40 bucks. The key is to practice on a piece of cardboard and get a flow you can work with. After that just go to town. haha. PM me if you want to get into it. lol
And the gun looked familiar too. Kawasaki right? Got mine from Pepboys too. What size compressor did you use with it?

And I'm going with the Dupli-color paint system too. Silver base, metallic or pearlescent clear coat (haven't decided yet).

Your bike means there's hope for mine

Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
And the gun looked familiar too. Kawasaki right? Got mine from Pepboys too. What size compressor did you use with it?

And I'm going with the Dupli-color paint system too. Silver base, metallic or pearlescent clear coat (haven't decided yet).

Your bike means there's hope for mine
HAHA this is to good. Its like your another me but somewhere else. lol Yes its a Kawasaki gun. I have a 3 gallon 2 hp compressor 155 PSI that i got from HD for 150.00. I just went with the regualr clear but im sure in about a year ill redo it again. Now that the layer beyond layer of rattle paint is gone. haha.

Make sure when your setting the PSI to have about 30 PSI coming out of the gun once you have pressed the trigger. I messed up at first and set it to about 35 PSI and once i pulled the trigger about 20-25 PSI was coming out so it kinda splatted the paint. Good luck and cant wait to see what you do with it.

OOOOHH before i forget. USE SOME TYPE OF CLEAR THAT IS CHEMICAL(GAS) RESISTENT!!!! I put my tank on last night and the smallest of small drops got on my paint and F'd it up. The dupli color clear is good but use atleast one or two coats of a chemical one.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 PM

I was already pre-warned about the PSI at the gun. I stopped by Home Depot and picked up an adjustable pressure regulator for $15. So I can open the compressor wide open and just regulate it at the gun. Your compressor is about the same as mine, cept I got a 5 gallon 4hp.

You're definitely giving me a lot of hope that this will all turn out alright. Any other tips you have I'd really appreciate. I'd have missed the chemical clear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Life line