Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

license plates in photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default license plates in photos

Why is it that people are worried about showing thier license plates in photographs? You always see them blacked out or blurred... but I don't know why.

Can you tell me some possible scenarios of what could happen? Any real-life stories? Just curious...

Old 12-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Default RE: license plates in photos

its the government man...........they are out to get us all.........[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

people see your lp and could possibly find out where you live and steal your bike / car ..etc

Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 PM

yah if they have connections like me i can find out where you live if you got ca plates.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:02 PM

The last thing you want to do is showcase all your goodies in your garage and have someone know exactly where you live. Especially hyper sensitive forum members.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: compulady5

If they're that good, can't they just find out through your IP address?
Technically yes, but they'll mosl likely go for the easiest target out there. So the more of a pain in the **** you become, the more likely tey'll just move down to the next victim on the list.

Way I figure it. My stuff ain't that special to come get it, and if they get here; getting to it its such a pain (multiple layers of security), that they'll move else where, or make enough of a racket to find themselves facing the buisness end of some very nasty things, and a Neighbohr that just happens to be a Deputy Sherrif.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Well, if someone was going to steal a car, why wouldn't they just go into a subdivision, instead of taking all the time to find where YOUR car was?

Old 12-24-2007, 11:18 PM

I think most are just paranoid. Also, some that are into the stunt scene wish not for someone to get their license plate number to report it to the police, with the intention of them running it, finding out your information, and paying more attention to you in the future.

But I also agree w/ a previous poster of not wanting to advertise my information to those that can abuse the DMV (dept of Motorvehicles) permissions they might have, and show up and ****** your stuff. Fortunately for me, I place things inside a locked garage, and that's where my malamute stays. And he's got a bad temper to people he doesn't know.

I'm always willing to break out a firearm. Don't want to, but not afraid to.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Retired Administrator

I've asked this too in the past and got the same answers. Every asshat I ride past around here sees my plate so why should I care if someone in CA knows my OH plate number? I don't blur it out and you can see it most of my pictures. Hell, I change my address ofter enough in the past couple of years and now that I think about it... my plates on my bike aren't registered to my new house either. Thanks for reminding me of another thing to take care of.

Quick Reply: license plates in photos