Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LICENSE PLATE placement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LICENSE PLATE placement?

ORIGINAL: bullit_70

hey guys what is going on? i hvee a question for you all. i was out rideing this morning and i stoped off a a local meet. there was a cop there and he steped up to me looking at the bike. the next thing he was telling me that the north carolina state pigs were cracking down on license plate placement. my plate is on the back of the battery box behind the wheel. however it is visable if you are behind me and hell i even have a light to light it up as well. does anyone know what the law is here in NC? Also a funny thing is when i ot my speeding ticket at the beining of the month the cop didn't say a thing about the plate so i don't know. why can't they just leave us alone. thanks guys.
That's what makes it sound like you were butt hurt.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: bullit_70

hey guys what is going on? i hvee a question for you all. i was out rideing this morning and i stoped off a a local meet. there was a cop there and he steped up to me looking at the bike. the next thing he was telling me that the north carolina state pigs were cracking down on license plate placement. my plate is on the back of the battery box behind the wheel. however it is visable if you are behind me and hell i even have a light to light it up as well. does anyone know what the law is here in NC? Also a funny thing is when i ot my speeding ticket at the beining of the month the cop didn't say a thing about the plate so i don't know. why can't they just leave us alone. thanks guys.
That's what makes it sound like you were butt hurt.
1:05 - 1:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB55t9R7GGg

Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I take it then Ranger you have yours in the "factory" plate holder?

Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 AM

damn,after reading about all you guys getting f***ked with all the time,im glad i ride a harley.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 AM

Last few years in the KC metro on the KS side, have been rough on sport bikes. Per safety measures, you have to have a red reflector on the rear of the bike. In addition to plates having to be horizontal, at the rear of the bike. So many people were running, that the police actually started going to the local weekly hangouts, and taking pictures to put into a database.

Now, I don't run w/ that crowd, but I try and stay up on their current events, so that if I can do anything I can to not raise the attention of Mr. Police Officer, I will do my best, because I don't need any more reasons to be on their radar.

It is nice that they law enforcement is aware of said crowds... distaste for figure authorities, and next week they are having a "motorcycle awarness" gathering at the local drag strip. Highway patrol from both states are going to be there, and lots of vendors giving away free stuff to get the groups there.

I'm hoping that it's a turn of events that will be seen nation wide, so that we sport bike riders, aren't going to be getting pulled over for minor infractions, like having a non-stock license plate placement.