Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Letting off steam!! (pics pg2,3,4)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Letting off steam!!

Sorry Crash...I've been busy all day...

Glad to see you walked away man...that's what counts!

Dont give up on street riding dude..just give it a while and make up your mind after you cool off.

I hate to see that thing off the road...one of the nicest blue 07's ive seen

Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear your alright.. bike doesn't look all that bad for being in a 70mph wreck. Take some polishing compound, that will buff right out.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 AM

Your life is what's important, be glad you're not paralized or something like that. Lol @ it'll buff out

Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 PM

It can be fixed again.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man, it really does. I HAVE to say it though........where are the frame sliders on version 1.2?!

But yeah, haven't told anyone this, but I nearly died a couple weeks ago. Truck pulled out in front of me and I BARELY, and I mean BARELY escaped having my head ripped off. I haven't touched my bike since (2 weeks now). I've been driving the Subaru around, and I really do miss my bike.......but I'm strongly leaning towards making it into a track-only bike where there are no bitches on cell phones, no dumbasses pulling out in front of me, and no tailgating retards.

Give it a few weeks though to set in and make sure you really do want to take her off the street. I've been kicking it around more and more and I'm still torn between taking Foxy 2 off the street......but the drivers around here are only getting worse (and that's a fact, it was even on the news that accidents in my area are up over 25 percent for no known reason) So I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing yet, but I have to say that a track-only version of Foxy 2 may be a very real possibility. Good luck with your decision........hate to say it, but it's going to be a tough one to make.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 PM

GEEZUZZZ Foxy.........No wonder you havent been on here in a while

I hope you and crash dont give up on street riding. You cant let that cloudfollow you around....when I high sided twenty years ago and totaled my bike..I thought I would never ride again. You both will make up your mind on your own terms, but I hate to see good riders on nice bikes throw in the towel....just doesnt seem right [&:]

Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Just because you have a boo booor a close callis no reason to quit. If life were all about being safe we would all be wrapped in bubble wrap at birth. Lets face it, riding a sport bike is not the safest passtime in the world. We all agree to accept the risks when we throw a leg over the bike. Sometimes our risk management breaks down and we fall or collide...most of us ride for the adrenaline rush we get. We relish in the instant feedbackand the challenge of participating in a sport where the consequenses of screwing up are immediate. The reward for pushing your personal limits and judgement is the sublime feeling of being in the moment...truly alive.
If I perish while I am riding all that truly know me would say I went the way I wanted to go... That is what riding means to me. Live on! Ride.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ wow.........+1000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000

Crash...Fox.........read THAT over and over and put that key in the bike and go!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Foxy, I hear you on dumb *** drivers in NM. Alamogordo was not much better. Do not give up on something you love.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words...really means alot. FFCbr, I was able to keep a level head that night and stay within my drinking limits. I'll try to get pictures of the accident site but from rough estimates the bike slide about 200 feet and me about 150 feet. As everyone is saying I need time off the bike to just think and cool down. The biggest thing that upset mewas that I hit someone else but we are still alive and friends. Both very fortunate and much was learned from it.

Fox, as for the frame sliders I know [sm=headbang.gif], I took them off 5 days prior to replace them and never did. Another lesson learned

Fly...[sm=pcwhack.gif]... its kinda suppose to be that way .. lol j/k RCR, thanks for the post. Not that I want to make excuses because it was completely my fault but I did come to realize after thinking that 1) I shouldn't trust anyone but myself on the road 2) Ride only with people as the same riding style as me 3) Save the 3rd gear roll ons for the track [8D]

Manny going to play that number, i'll throw some your way if i hit

So far after the week my spirit is turning for the better but has a long ways to go...maybe the 34 degree weather has something to do with it [:@]

The road rash after a week:

Left Elbow:
Name:  Apartment120.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  17.3 KB

Left Knee:

Name:  Apartment125.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  31.8 KB

Right lower leg:

Name:  Apartment129.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  34.5 KB

Right Thigh:

Name:  Apartment130.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  25.3 KB

Quick Reply: Letting off steam!! (pics pg2,3,4)