Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

lets pass a law........

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lets pass a law........

i read it on here a while ago and have given it some thought.......and damnit, its a good idea!

there should be a law that in order to get your drivers license (yes, for a CAR!), you must be able to survive 3,000 miles on a little 250cc ninja! leaners permit is ok to have, but you cannot progress to your FULL drivers license until you've survived 3,000 miles on a 250. riding a bike makes you SOOOO much more aware of what you are doing on the road, and teaches you how to read traffic so much better.

i think people have forgotten how to use turn signals, and.......wha......what is this, uh....."right of way" you speak of?!?!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lets pass a law........

Another part of it is driver's ed being a complete JOKE. We didn't even learn how to change a tire to the spare. I think it's a good, albiet unreasonable, idea.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
RCR

That would weed out alot of moorons.cause they would wreck and die. It would be nice to go fo a cruise and see no mini vans.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

It is funny that after learning to ride I said the exact same thing.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 PM

I put over 30,000 miles on two different bikes (Ninja 250, 600F2) before I ever bought my first car. Yeah, it makes you infinitely better as a driver to be a motorcyclist first. I think Germany does it best: you have to be 18 to get a license plus pay nearly two thousand dollars. Imagine how you'd treat your privilege to drive then...

Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i mean, seriously though. i will admit to maybe not being the BEST driver before i got my bike, but i sure as hell could obey simple laws (turn signals, right of way...ect.). but since i've had my bike i've gotten much more aware of my surroundings....even when i hop back in my truck. it makes you look at the traffic around you in a WHOLE 'nother light!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Friend and Hero ...

100% with you, I think I recommended something like this undertheriders experience thread but this takes it to a whole new level

Old 10-02-2007, 09:05 PM

all the girls are gonna crash in the parking lot and the guys are gotta blow a turn at 75... too young haha.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 PM

I've almost died TWICE this one week alone from dip ****s. Thursday, omw to skool, I decided to take the backroads. Not far from my house some idiot just stops in our lane. I slow down to pass him and because right after him is a blind turn. So I'm doing like 20MPH and going into the left side of the road about to pass him. The dip**** decides he wants to U-turn. I slam on my breaks and start fish tailing. I though I was going to go down. My front wheel bumps the side of his car. I park my bike, throw my hands into the air and start what-the-****ing.
OMW, to school today I take another route onto the interstate. Theres this common merge lane that both directions of the highway merge onto first THEN you merge on to the interstate. My direction of the highway is the first to merge onto the lane then the oposite direction merges but has a yield sign just in case. So, im on the merge lane coming up to that yield sign and just anticipting if some dip**** isn't going to yield for me. Well, I'm close to that sign now and here comes this speeding car that doesn't yield and starts getting into my ONE LANE. I can either slam into the car or take my chances on the gravel ridden 2 foot sholder. Since I anticipted a retard doing this I had my escape route set, took it, and rode away flicking the dude off.

Quick Reply: lets pass a law........