Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this legit ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this legit ? ? ?

Dont know if this is someone's photoshop handiwork or not, i have been scouring the net trying to find proof but no luck so far. All i do know is if this is real i will be ordering one the second its available. I AM IN LOVE (2008 Honda CBR 1000 RR)

Old 07-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is this legit ? ? ?

im in love w/ it too, can i have'er first!!!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Mad

That looks sweet.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 AM

I agree with ya tk954rr. Who cares if it's photoshopped or not. I'm thinking about upgrading to the 1krr next year and now that I've seen that color scheme, I know what I'll be painting it. Heck, I'm almost tempted to do it to the 929 over the winter.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 AM

Honestly, I dont like it. Looks too much like an ANT. My main consern is the front fairing. I looks like it has eyes or some sort of face. I dont want my freaken bike looking like a creature I want it looking like a machine.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

...i have been scouring the net trying to find proof but no luck so far...

anyone here read Spanish? if so, maybe this article can shed a little light (it looks like the source of the pic)

http://www.motociclismo.es/Noticias/...sp%3Fid%3D2270

Old 07-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Retired Moderator

Nope, it's a photoshop, I'll explain........

The biggest thing you need to look at when trying to see if it's been "photochopped" or not is visible signs of blurring. The image should be consistent. There is a lot of crisp edges, and a lot of "fake" blurred ones.

But first, there is some tire overlapping on the rear tire, on the bottom. You see 5 or 6 lines clumped up together at the bottom of the tire. THAT is the first sign of being photochopped.

Another one is the tail. That's a stretched, shrunk, and manipulated tail from the new 07 600RR........and the front is stretched and enlarged from an 07 600RR as well.

The bottom part on the frame (by the footpeg) just -ends- right as that awkward "bridge" fairing between the tank and the side fairings meet.

If you zoom in on the front fender, you'll see that the "slit" ends abruptly (you can see the line of another picture) on the right side of the slit.

The area where the top of the frame, middle fairings and tank look awful.

AND THE BIGGIE........look at the lower part of the main frame on the left. It's extremely blurred out (most likely using the "rubber stamp tool" to blend it all together. Not to mention, the rearsets are blurred in the middle, and the engine casing is badly blurred as well.

Not a bad photoshop, but a photoshop none the less. This is merely an 07 600RR that someone made to look a little like the RC212V with the tail. (Not to mention, Honda would NEVER drop their tail-up exhausts.)

So yeah, it's a photochop (and kind of ugly too.) I hope Honda has greater things in store.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Nope, it's a photoshop, I'll explain........

The biggest thing you need to look at when trying to see if it's been "photochopped" or not is visible signs of blurring. The image should be consistent. There is a lot of crisp edges, and a lot of "fake" blurred ones.

But first, there is some tire overlapping on the rear tire, on the bottom. You see 5 or 6 lines clumped up together at the bottom of the tire. THAT is the first sign of being photochopped.

Another one is the tail. That's a stretched, shrunk, and manipulated tail from the new 07 600RR........and the front is stretched and enlarged from an 07 600RR as well.

The bottom part on the frame (by the footpeg) just -ends- right as that awkward "bridge" fairing between the tank and the side fairings meet.

If you zoom in on the front fender, you'll see that the "slit" ends abruptly (you can see the line of another picture) on the right side of the slit.

The area where the top of the frame, middle fairings and tank look awful.

AND THE BIGGIE........look at the lower part of the main frame on the left. It's extremely blurred out (most likely using the "rubber stamp tool" to blend it all together. Not to mention, the rearsets are blurred in the middle, and the engine casing is badly blurred as well.

Not a bad photoshop, but a photoshop none the less. This is merely an 07 600RR that someone made to look a little like the RC212V with the tail. (Not to mention, Honda would NEVER drop their tail-up exhausts.)

So yeah, it's a photochop (and kind of ugly too.) I hope Honda has greater things in store.

Now that you mention it, that bike looks like a piece of crap! ...j/k

Nice idea, but doesn't looknatrural at all.
I agree on Honda keeping the center-up exhaust.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 AM

all u have to do to tell its fake is look at the red. its way to bright and it looks like it was done on mspaint.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

Not to mention, Honda would NEVER drop their tail-up exhausts.
Unless you can't fit the catalysts needed to meet the euro3 emissions or want dual exhausts to deal with the noise. IMHO the undertail exhaust is lousy engineering at its finest, raise the CG, increases overall weight, increase the polar moment.

What is throwing me is the rearstand reflection on the exhaust. Either way, I like it.

Quick Reply: Is this legit ? ? ?