Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Legal Handgun Ammunition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Legal Handgun Ammunition?

[quote]I am also like you not planing on shooting anyone, but if I feel my life or someone else's is in danger I will not hesitate.[/qoute]

Agreed. I will not hesitate either... but as of right now I do not plan on shooting anyone unless my life or someone else's is in danger. I will never plan to shoot anyone. I guess it would be stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time and there is no way out, that is when I would use it. I never plan on being in a situation where i'd have to shoot somebody but alot of stuff in life is not in your control.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: DJ600RR

I'm sorry for asking this, but if you are not PLANING on shooting anyone then why are you so worried about packing your clip full of hollow points for carry?
Well, I see your point, but it's kinda like this, I don't wear a helmet because I plan on crashing, I don't have a fire extingiusher(sp?) in my kitchen cause I plan on burning the house down, ect........its preperation for something bad and like anything we want the most likely chance of success and survival should we have utilize these chosen tools.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM

Yes I know what your saying. But its like I wear a helmet because i Don't know if I will wreck, I have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen because i do not know if it will catch on fire, People Have guns because they do not know if they will be put in a life treatening situation. (not saying this is why people buy guns just an example)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah I know what you guys are saying now. Sorry for the question I was just a little confused. And I should have thought before I replied to this thread because I guess that's the same reason I carry, Just in case. But six to clear up your worries. Hollow points are not illegal to carry in Pa, our camp has 4 state troopers in it and I actually had the same question. But if you're looking for a better choice than just a plain hollow point look into special rounds like what HC has mentioned, or possibly the Hydra shoks.(You can pick them up for about $22-$25/20 .40 cal. Prices will vary depending on caliber)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:21 PM

^^ thanks for the advice. Ill look into those and when i Pick out my first gun I will be sure to throw some pics up for you guys and maybe you guys could help me out some more once I have it. No need to apologize for the question it helps the convo keep going and more information gets tossed out there.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM

^^ if you want to play it safe regular ball ammo will do the job also. but im pretty sure that hollow points are not illegal. i have both ball and hollow. i usually use hollow in my concealled weapon and ball for just normal shooting.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Friend and Hero ...

There has been a hell of a lot of discussion concerning ammo and it is a very important decision but the most critical component is for one to be able to deliver these rounds accurately on target under the most adverse conditions you should spend as much time as necessary familiarizing yourself with what you're going to carry or use in a life-and-death situation and get outside of the box move past the basic shooting stance. Start putting yourself into awkward positions and making that shot you're not going to get someone in a life-and-death situation to stand still like a target at the range experts look to catch you off guard at awkward times while shoving the keys into the door of your car or unlocking your house or confronting you in your bedroom when you're dead asleep they'll never be any substitute for real world experience but please if you're planning on arming yourself for the purpose of self defense take some classes and move outside the box put yourself in those hard shot situations and practice not a great distances FBI studies from the early 90s suggest that most all handgun exchanges are made it less than 10 feet and sometimes both parties empty their weapons and never hit a damn thing it's not like standing on the firing line with your buddies it is a lot of panic and chaos in a short time and you must learn to cycle that information as quickly as possible in the defense of your life so practice practice practice and there are number of companies that offer combat pistol Range training to civilians as I said before I'm not pushing anyone's course Blackwater has one of the best in the country. Thunder Ranch also has a very nice facility am told and there are several others just do the research if you decide to go this route

Old 11-25-2008, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: DJ600RR

I'm sorry for asking this, but if you are not PLANING on shooting anyone then why are you so worried about packing your clip full of hollow points for carry?
LOL, he said clip!..................Clip feeds a magazine, magazine feeds the weapon. Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 PM

Clip bugs the hell out of me too.

Like Hardcorp said, being able to put the rounds on target is extremely important so practice practice practice. One technique I was taught that has stuck with me is to back away and to the side if you have to draw on someone who is armed. The idea is most people dont practice hitting moving targets so moving away and to the side makes you a harder target. You need to be able to hit them while moving though. Also trying shooting from various positions: lying, crouching, shooting with one hand (left and right), etc...

Old 11-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Anyone ever shoot IDPA? Tons of fun.

Quick Reply: Legal Handgun Ammunition?