Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Legal Handgun Ammunition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Legal Handgun Ammunition?

its the same here. i carry hydroshocks in any gun i carry

Old 11-24-2008, 11:25 AM

WellarmedCracker posted this up last nite and it shows what rounds are the best for each gun. Hydra shocks aren't the #1 damage dealing ammo, it's worth the read.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 AM

no there are much better ammo out there. im always buying new ammo and trying it out. i have found so many sites where i can get some sweet ammo and other fun toys. let me see if i can find a new one i heard of

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM

its called black talon ammo. by winchester. now that looks like some sweet ammo for a carry weapon

Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Yes it does. It has them sharp edges that come out and just rip through bone and tissue.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 AM

i can't get black talon here so i use winchester Ranger's Law enforcement ammunition instead

Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 AM

I am pretty sure they are legal in FL (i know alot of people that carry hollow point and i have never heard that you can not) Not sure about black talons, if they are illegal then its cause of media hype, banning a certain ammo isn't going to make guns any less dangerous.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 PM

just get some gold dot hollow point. its going to do the same thing and its not all about the ammo. a good clean hit with any hollow point is going to do the trick. a well placed shot is better than the best ammo in the world

Old 11-24-2008, 12:15 PM

i have no idea what is legal in most places. as far as i have found you can carry anything here in las vegas

Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM

Good ammo is important but it runs second to shot placement, so, practice practice practice. I am fairly positive that there are no "illegal" ammo restrictions.A simple phone call to your areas prosecutor or whoever handles CCW's in your town can answer that. Simply call, and ask if there are any ammunition restrictions in regards to CCW and protective uses, also ask if your location has the castle doctrine. I DO KNOW this, if you ever ever have to use a weapon in defense of self or others, every aspect of the shooting will be scrutinized inside and out and in every detail. I can think of a few cases in which the individuals ammo choice came into consideration to a jury. You have to remember that a jury of your peers probably won't be made up of conservatives with an understanding on ammo and/or an appreciation for self preservation/defense, so, that being said, would you want the court to hear you used fang-talon bone crusher zombie stoppers that you special ordered, or some simple (and still very effective jacketed hollow points you picked up at your local wal-mart? My choices are handloads with 230gr Hornady HP/XTP's in .45acp (its an endless discussion also that you should/should not/coulduse handloads for CCW) For regular CCW ammo, hard to been hydrashocks, speer lawman, or gold-dots. All very popular choices. In some circles of argument, its said it doesn't matter if you used a howitzer, a justified shooting is a justified shooting, but others may or may not see it that way, and thats where you want all the details to look like you didn't set out to cause maximum damage, such as loading up with "ammo designed to inflict the most possible damage" as opposed to other ammo out there (I know, ironic and stupid huh?) Another thing, you mentioned "mad enough to shoot someone" That would get your *** in a sling, if involved in a shooting, you should be very scared, as in very scared for your life and/or loved ones, not shooting someone out of anger, but shooting to eliminate the threat on your life.Above all, whatever you choose, take a pistol class, get some instruction, practice with the load/weapon combo you plan to use, cause if you can't hit the target, it all really doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: Legal Handgun Ammunition?