Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Left handed riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left handed riders

i dont mean to offend any of you. but i was wondering, do left handed riders(especially stunters) have a tougher learning experience? due to the fact that the throttle is in their weak hand. I dont mean to say weak, maybe less strong hand. i tried holding the throttle with my left hand while reaching for something in my pocket and i could not hold a steady rpm for sh*T! i dont mean to talk bad, question just popped in my head n i was curious =]

Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a leftie & I don't have any problems at all. I try to over come any weakness in my right hand by using it to drink beer with on a daily basis.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I"M a lefty and I have no troubles at all since this is the way I was taught to ride.

The only thing I have problem with is cruising around with one hand...ie my right hand on throttle and left hand on the tank. I find it ackward to take my left hand off the handlebar to wave to other riders...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:32 PM

your a righty do you have a problem using the clutch with your left hand?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you crossed your left hand over to hold the throttle? I think thats why you were having trouble. If the throttle were on the left side then I think it would be easier.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM

Im a lefty, but seeing as the world has been made basically for right handed people, left handed people have adapted very well, and in the end, have better control of both of their hands where right handed people mainly use just their right, left handed people will use both. I feel my right side is just as strong as my left. for example, most people that work out have a definate strong side/weak side, I dont, they are both very close to the same in strength and cooridination.

but reaching over the tank is probably what your issue was, not your left hand.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM

be careful when you're crossing over. The kill switch on that F2 is pretty easy to bump. lol

Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
be careful when you're crossing over. The kill switch on that F2 is pretty easy to bump. lol
lol lol that would suck

Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by gump
your a righty do you have a problem using the clutch with your left hand?
I'm a righty and at first, my left hand wasn't used to the workout I got from squeezing the clutch and my left arm would be sore if I went for a longer ride. Now I'm used to it.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
lol lol that would suck
It does. lol. I was on a long freeway trip from PA to MI and I came up on a Kawi tourer with michigan plates. Her was in the right lane so I took the throttle with my left and pointed at my plate with my right. Hit the switch. Killed it. Loud Backfire. Embarassment. Quick diagnostic to find out why the hell my bike wouldnt start. And a buddy to ride with for the next couple hours. lol

Quick Reply: Left handed riders