Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

leather suit questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: leather suit questions

ok thanks for the advice, there is a new FT suit out the xti, it looks of decent quality. i can get any suit at a nice discount so maybe i will go with a AS or something, i got to look at prices.

as far as other gear goes i am getting AS smx plus boots, dainese hell racer gloves, some kind of back protector.

as far as helmet goes i have a hjc cl sp. i know they are not the best but for a begginer to intermidate track group it should be ok for now right? your head usaly does not go slamming in to things to hard right? last year i reended a car and my head was bouncing off the median as i tumbled at like 40 in the same kind of helmet(not same one lol). i did not realize i hit my head till i saw the helmet all busted so i figure it will do. do you agree?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:14 PM

funny you should mention Frank Thomas suits, I just happend across this a second ago, and its as I told you

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=180087

Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM

i am woundering if thats the older striker suit?

its like it look of decent quality and if these people are not talking about the newest one, do i realy want to test it lol...

time will tell if i will get one or not. maybe i should go with a lower end AS.

i dont want to spend to much on one becuase i would like to start running again this fall and winter so i will lose weight. i dont want to not fit in a expensive suit.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 PM

I've pretty much always worn a 1 piece suit. Yes, it should be tight. You're going to stretch the leather to fit you anyways. To get out of it, you do "the dance". Jump up and down and wiggle around. Takes a while to get used to.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:20 PM

2nd skin, yes. Frank suit... ive seen them and i dont really like them. and i wear under armour bottoms and a tight fitting cotton tee shirt.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 PM

motorcycle closeouts . com have a teknic chicane 1pc for 299, i think im going to pick me up one for an extra 50 bones it would be worth it

Old 06-29-2008, 12:40 PM

Welp, the suit should fit snug, and as far as a quality suit goes, I have a Teknic Violator 1-pc and i can vouche that it works and holds up strong. I cant say that a Frank Thomas suit isn't quality gear because my friend has one and hes been down in that suit at least 10 times, i know thats a lot, but after 10 times going down its finally done (got a couple of holes in it). But I think going down in a suit 10 times is enough, so a frank thomas should be fine, but like I said, I feel really safe in my Violator, and thats what my buddy got to replace his frank thomas