Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LCD/plasma Video games 'ghosts'?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD/plasma Video games 'ghosts'?

Anyone have any trouble with ghosting on their flat panel TVs. I am redoing my exercise room and am upgrading my old 25 inch TV to a 40 or so flat. I play x-box while on the stationary bike (or else I will lose my mind) and am just wondering if 'ghosting' is still a problem or if the manufacturers overstate it.

Thanks.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Default RE: LCD/plasma Video games 'ghosts'?

I actually just started working in the home theater part of bestbuy so I'm learning all about fancy new tv's. From what I've been told so far ghosting seems to be a bigger problem with plasma's. LCD's generally have high enough refresh rates that it isn't much of an issue anymore.

Your best bet would be to go with a samsung, they have a "game mode", and samsung's are at the top as far as flat screens go.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 AM

i have a 42" plasma and there can be a bit of a problem. even just watching tv, like mtv2 they have that bright 2 headed dog in the bottom left corner. after leaving the tv on that chanel for a cupple hoursi could still see the ghost of the dog when i changed the chanel

Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 AM

i hate playin video games and all a sudden its a "ghost" or shadow on my plasma...but ehh, it was for free and looks tight on the wall so ill live

Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM

There really isn't much to worry about with the newer tv's. Manufacturers all have different ways to prevent burn-in. One way is to move the image on the screen a tiny bit, to small to notice, but it prevents the pixel from being damaged. You're only need to worry about lower quality tv's or older models.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM

plasma's are definately the worst when it comes to burn in being that they use 4x the amount of energy and heat as any other tv. As stated before Samsung are nice but Pioneer Elites are by far the best out there.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM

I actually just started working in the home theater part of bestbuy so I'm learning all about fancy new tv's. From what I've been told so far ghosting seems to be a bigger problem with plasma's. LCD's generally have high enough refresh rates that it isn't much of an issue anymore.

Your best bet would be to go with a samsung, they have a "game mode", and samsung's are at the top as far as flat screens go.
+1. Sony or Samsung LCD. I would never buy a plasma.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Plasma's do have their benefits, but if a big factor when buy the tv is performance with games, lcd would be your best bet. And as for the elite's, they are good, but also ridiculously expensive, and the samsung at the same level and price is better, well atleast in my opinion. The 42" elite isn't even 1080. I'm not tryin to make it sound like crap, cause it is a great tv, but for over 3k I sure as hell wont settle for anything not 1080p.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM

My Samsung DLP 56' doesn't ghost and they teamed up with Microsoft to make the Xbox look as good as possible, especially with game mode it has a higher refresh rate.

No burn in's no matter what channel i leave it on either.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

working out and playing xbox...YOU'RE A ****ING GENIUS!!!

Quick Reply: LCD/plasma Video games 'ghosts'?