Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Later Honda Dudes

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Later Honda Dudes

Time to change the avatar, I'm moving up. Got an 01 748 today. Why ducati? Because I can't justify spending a ton of money on some bike identical to every other jap 600 with the only differences being the paintjob and the shape of the plastics. This bike is so worth the money. Hell I'd pay an extra 5 grand for the sound alone. My biggest complaint is that it is a heavy bike even with the lower center of gravity. You can definately feel it is harder to flick side to side. But this thing tracks like crazy and it leans hard I love it. The biggest thing to talk about besides the sound is the on demand power. Any gear any speed this thing hauls. I got the the 2 year warranty and a smoking deal on insurance (full coverage with uninsured and theft for $450 a year through state farm) so it's time to ride hard. It's still not the 675 but I have to build my credit somehow. Pics soon...

Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Default RE: Later Honda Dudes

Cool, good luck with it. Ducatis make some good machines.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 AM

cool man, great bike
plus if you go to the USGP you get to hang out at the Ducati tent and drink their free water all weekend
those ****'s know how to take care of their riders

Old 11-03-2006, 12:07 PM

Grats on the Ducati...hope ya like it...NOW CLEAN OUT YOUR LOCKER AND VAMOOOOSE ...LOL...best of luck..

And next year when ya decide u really miss Honda we wont say we told ya so....take care

Old 11-03-2006, 12:15 PM

I can see the post now...... HELP, I know this is a cbr forum but my bike flooded and won't start !! Whats wrong ?? I know it can't be something wrong w/the bike, cuz its way more expensive than a honda, so it has to be better ! Well, maybe I'll take it back to the dealer again.... man those guys are always so happy to see me ! GOOD LUCK

Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 PM

Well Put...Well Put...

Old 11-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Retired Moderator

I thought you were a Gixxer guy, Corey. A good deal, though, is a good deal. Much luck to you!

Old 11-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better a duck than a gix, bye corey

Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hey it still has 2 wheels so im cool with it . me personally couldnt justify spending that much money just to be different then everyother jap 600 . i love honda and thats where ill be, good luck with your duccati . question though arent parts/maintenace hella more expencive for a duc then the rest of the "jap" 600's? not tryin to sound like a dick just asking a honest question thats all

Old 11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet bike mang...

but i gots to pick on you and bust your chops though...it's all part of the game!

time to ride hard now? you mean you couldn't do it with the F4i? i don't get it?
ducati hard to flick side to side but tracks like crazy? not sure what you're talking about mang...they are almost one and the same...

i think you just need to get used to the bike...but dude, if you ain't riding hard on the f4i, you ain't gonna ride hard on a duc...cause now with the bling you have more to lose!

ahahha...enjoy it mang...i've hit up the 998...it was hard at first to get used to...but mang...once you get into it...it's awesome! the bike just wants to lean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Later Honda Dudes