Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LASTING IMPRESSION

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LASTING IMPRESSION

Monday I was introduced to what at some point will be a commander of a field unit. But was temporarily assigned as my superior until this group finishes cycling through. He is supposed to get the pick of the litter plus some seasoned field operators He is former British SRR just a few years older than myself. At first I found him to be pleasant, and quite interested in our methods of getting everyone on the same page as the last couple of days progressed. I have found him to become more and more arrogant. There is absolutely nothing wrong with self-assurance and quick wit. But when you couple that with some Bull**** ideology that the strongest alpha male should lead, it is a recipe for disaster. We argued this question back and forth all day today, up until 1100. At first I was under the impression he was referring to mind over matter and proper technique. Not brute strength, but after watching him interact with others. I found his tactics, nothing more than straight out bullying with little to no long-term objective behind it. I am the man. You're going to fall in line. Hell, most of these men come from very good military backgrounds, and I was shocked that they were tolerating it at all. I interjected serval times and asked WTF. Well, I guessabout 1100. He'd had about all that he was willing to tolerate. So he wanted to review my resume after a lengthy discussion about CQB. We got on the subject of martial arts itself. He basically managed to push the right buttons to get me to accept, what was supposed to be a semi-contact match between myself and him. After having my cheek cut open in the first two minutes. I realized he was playing hardball for real. So if it was HARDCORP he wanted that's what he was going to get. Now, it did take about 25 minutes to get him on the ground with my legs locked in place in a good old-fashioned arm bar manipulating the wrist before he gave in. I had already gave him a set of fish lips and a heel to the rib cage and a nice puffy right eye . I extended my hand to help him up, and the dirty bastard tried to leg sweep me. It didn't work. I ended up back on top of him and about to pop his head off like a pop top that someone and squeezed onto hard. I must admit I was tempted to just choke him out, unconscious. I was asked by a senior instructor at that point to release him and go get cleaned up. Around 1300, I was called in front of the big desk and asked to explain the situation. I Explained it basically the same way I did above. I was told because of the holiday. Maybe I should take the rest of the week off with pay and catch a flight home and reporting in Monday....... WTF?????

Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LASTING IMPRESSION

least its with pay lol. The pansy is prolly crying he wants your *** in a sling because you proved him not to be the top alpha male he thought he was lol.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM

you got a paid holiday off...and you set him in his place! you should be happy

Old 07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Friend and Hero ...

PG you suppose Thanksgiving week in a little room to room house to house action. If I just happened to slightly graze someone. I can get the whole week off... No Seriously, I Take My Work Very Seriously and I Would Never Injure Anyone and in a Hand-To-Hand Situation Would Never Use More Force Than Necessary to Control the Situation. I don't understand if you step into the pit and you make your intentions known. How can you cry to anyone about getting yourself **** up and I'm not sure he did, but I didn't see him packing any bags

Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

you got a paid holiday off...and you set him in his place! you should be happy
I guess I should be happy, but it feels like I'm the one being punished

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 PM

ya I think thats how it would feel, which is crappy since it sounds like it started the whole thing and couldnt finish it...but if its paid you have a long weekend!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM

No way will they send you off for good. No chance. Your resume is better than anything ****ing Tom Clancy could have dreamed up, only ten times more HARDCORP, and real. You're new, the other guy isn't, you won, he lost...you don't leave the same two lions in a pack after a fight...

Don't sweat it HC. I know you're good to go. The CO probably didn't want one of his best guys feeling too much shame. Cause you know how 'alpha' types are, they are their own worst critic...

Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Thanks for the input spiritbtw can I take the doggie out for a little rebreather work [sm=lol.gif]

Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you please pay someone to follow you around with a vid camera? I'm willing to front the dough since it would cost less and be much more entertaining than what I get on my crappy Comcast channels.

Not making light of your situation HC, just saying you lead one heck of a tense filled / action packed life compared to most of us.

p.s. dude got what was coming to him, he just didn't expect it so he probably tattletaled false info.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Friend and Hero ...

KB it is honestly fillrd with more hours of boring ****then you could believe more paperwork nowadays than anything. And occasionally I have a moments of excitement and my current training facility. Security is so tight. I don't even have access to an outside phone line or my own personal cell phone until I leave the facility a camera is out of the question

I will say that I have been lectured more times than not about putting myself in situations like thisor creating situations so I can receive an adrenaline rush. I deny I deny I deny