Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

laser eye surgery

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: laser eye surgery

What is PRK, whats the diff between that and what lasik does??
is it a different procedure?

Old 11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a procedure thats even quicker than laser. They inject a fluid into your eye and corrects your visions. You can see clearly within seconds and you're good to go for the rest of the day. A lot safer and a lot cheaper.

They showed it on Good morning america or something a couple years ago. Havent heard anything else about it.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 AM

i had lasik 8 years ago and now i do not need glasses or contacts any more. ihave one problem that is a little irretating that is my night time vision is not very good and i have the halo effect around lights at night, but that being said i have 20\20 vision and will say i absolutly love not wearing glasses ! i wore glasses since the first grade, so naturally i am a good fist fighter! i would recomend this procedure to any one who needs glasses 100% of the time. ask me any questions i'll be glad to help.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:28 PM

What kind of bad vision did you guys have? Stigmatism, near sighted, far sighted?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM

i had myopia (near sight)and i had a stigmatizm in both eyes and the doc did a custom map of my eye and the lazer adjusted to these areas and cured most of the stigmatizm. i ws very skeptik about the results at first because it took a wile to heal and adjust to the change. the first two weeks afts surgery i noticed every day my vision improving. my vision is better now than with contacts, i noticed i could see individual leaves on trees and i could see pine needles veryclear something i never could see before. my dad bought the surgery as a christmas gift it cost $2000.00 for both eyes. the olny problem i have is the nite vision and halo effect but i hear they have solved a lot of those issues. also i have heard that alot of the problems people have are from not following the docs healing instructions, someting that is very important.i will give the success of surgery a 95%. although i will say i was scared to death before the surgery to be honest. i am a crane operator/ iron worker and my skills pay the bills so my eyes feed my family so i will say to you do not take this proceedure litely. good luck and GOD bless.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:06 PM

im a little freaked out about it myself, my eyes are super sensitive, cant even open them underwater, and if i have to put drops in them i freak out. lol.. i watched a couple you tube videos on people having it done and it was just disgusting. yuck. is it possible to be put under during this procedure, i really dont think id wanna be awake for it.???????

Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr.Fingers

is it possible to be put under during this procedure???????
Dude just read up a few posts

ORIGINAL: BAGD RANGER

i have actually had the surgery a few months ago actually back in may i believe - it took no longer then 2 minutes literally about 1 minute per eye im not lying i took a sleeping pill - went home woke up the next morning and drove myself to the doctors i could see right after surgery but it was real hazy - when i went for the following up the next morning i had 20/20 vision i had to put 2 diff eye drops for about 2 weeks and to this day i would never regret getting the surgery - i literally changed my life i enjoy actually seeing and well i might add

Old 11-13-2008, 03:18 PM

^^ im pretty sure that he's refering to taking the sleeping pill after the procedure and slept off the recovery time till the next day.....

i dont think a doctor would give you a sleeping pill for a procedure....... im talking about the good stuff, the gas....

Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM

youwill need to be awake for the surgery i dont think they will put you out it literally took less then 2 minutes for both eyes they put a machine on your eye which feel like it will push your eyeball inward - there is pressure - then the docs say to look into the red light the machine holds your eye open so it doesnt allow you to blink - they then removed the top flap of my eye the laser did its thing and 1 eye was done in under 30 second while the nurse was counting down the whole time i just thought of something else the entire time and before you know it it was over

i myself wore contact lenses since 6th grade i was near sided (i could notsee from far )so for me i wore them about 13 years im 24 now
like i stated before "life changing " i can stay up later without eye irritation - actually open my eyes under water - ride my bike with the face shield open for a bit ( since the contacts would dry up quickly)

like i stated before i payed about $4,000.00 knowing the results now - i would have easily payed double that - im not sure about you guys but i actually love to see and i use my eyes often

Old 11-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Damnit! I was under the impression you were out thru the procedure, awwww! Im with Fingers, I sure would rather be out with my eyes held open or something. Guess it may be worth the 2 minutes if I could see fine the rest of my days

Quick Reply: laser eye surgery