Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

laser eye surgery

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: laser eye surgery

Well, I've read a lot of things, yes, it often works, but dry eye syndrome seems common after the surgery, and that **** never goes away. Plus, if they make one **** up your eyes are like blurry for the rest of your life or some ****. There've been suicides and ****. I've never had an irl friend do it, but I've read a lot online, and I think it'd probably be a good idea to stay away.

http://chetday.com/lasikeyesurgery.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in511003.shtml

That bottom one is ****ing cbs.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: clubsammich

STAY. AWAY.

Bad things often happen when you get lasik. Look it up.
BS, get REAL advice from people that know. Contact your eye professional.

Can imagine the lawsuits if johnny eye doctor here was correct??? Haha, silly kids.
True get real advice.

My wife was pretty close to being legally blind. She had Lasik back in August and now has 20/20 in one eye and just below 20/20 in the other. There are a few types of eye surgery and your eye doctor will suggest the best option for your needs.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM

uhh... so you can have better vision than you already have? Nothing in this world is perfect my friend...

If you have really bad vision isnt anything better than what you have?

EDIT: glasses & contacts are correction in vision. If they didn't give you 20/20 you wouldn't wear them? your loss..
Since I wear glasses/contacts the whole point of the procedure (for me) is to eliminate the need for them. From what I've read there is a chance the procedure could only decrease your dependence on them, so what is the point of spending 1000+ if you still have to wear glasses or contacts?

I never said the surgery didn't work. I said there are bad side effects that have a significant possibility.

ORIGINAL: some guy #2

What is the point of vision correction if it isn't 20/20 or really really close?
The worse your vision the more you pay for prescription lens' and contacts.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM

i have actually had the surgery a few months ago actually back in may i believe - it took no longer then 2 minutes literally about 1 minute per eye im not lying i took a sleeping pill - went home woke up the next morning and drove myself to the doctors i could see right after surgery but it was real hazy - when i went for the following up the next morning i had 20/20 vision i had to put 2 diff eye drops for about 2 weeks and to this day i would never regret getting the surgery - i literally changed my life i enjoy actually seeing and well i might add

i ended up paying about $4,000.00 - out of my own pocket since insurance does not cover it i know you can get it cheaper and different places or doctors but my eye sight is important i was no looking for a discount i was looking for experience and my doctor of choice had it so i payed the man and everything since has worked out just fine -

i feel bad because i have not see my eye doctor is many months - when is use to see him almost every other month because my contact would bother me

if you decided you want the surgery i would say go for it and best of luck to you if you have any questions please let me know i will try to answer them to the best of my ability

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BAGD Thanks for the info, thats exactly what i was looking for, a real test subject. i have heard lasik isnt the greatest, i dont mind spending the extra money and having it done by someone thats super qualified. Discount surgery just sounds so wrong, reminds me of Dr Nick from the Simpsons, or Moe inserting a crayon in homers nose, "the old Crayola oblongata"

Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM

NO PROBLEM -completley painless the nurse counts down from 30 while saying the whole time "you r doing such a great job" - but all im doing is just sitting there looking at - what looks like a stop light - its actually cutting off the top layer of my eye and fixing the vision all in under 30 seconds -

so long story short do the quick math and the doctor makes about $33 every second of actual work during the surgery

Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM

I am getting PRK instead of Lasik done in March 2009. Don't know a whole lot about Lasik but there is a book at the eye doc office which people have wrote their results from the surgery that has a lot of happy customers that had the PRK surgery so I'm a sold customer.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:54 PM

i stand corrected mine actually was named "prk" as well - - there is alady i work with that says her husband had it done about 20 years ago - with no problems to this day hard to believe - but she has no reason to lie and the technology is way more advanced today - machines are doing all the work the doctor just stands there and makes sure the machine stays plugged in -
my family even got to watch throgh a glass window they had -

Quick Reply: laser eye surgery