Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Killed for wearing Hoodies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys here are some more articles w/ info to take a look at Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel and Trayvon Martin started confrontation, Zimmerman lawyer says - The Washington Post. estate4life Zimmerman was not even on patrol as far as I can tell when this went down, he was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted the Martin and called police, read the info for yourself.

From what I gather from the articles Martin attacked Zimmerman after he tried to see what he was doing in the neighborhood. Martin apparently knocked him on the ground and was beating him as Zimmerman cried for help until he shot him in what would appear to be self defense. The police have stated the evidence supports that story and witnesses also support Zimmerman's account, which is why he wasn't charged w/ murder on manslaughter.

This isn't about hoodies or race, that's what they want you to think. It's really about using people's emotions to trick them into taking away their right to protect themselves.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM

What You Need To Know About The Smear Campaign Against Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)

The pictures that I posted, and said I don't know if that picture is really Treyvon, the second article states that someone posted the picture(some blogger) and that the picture "is inaccurate."(guess it isn't him, that's the WWW for ya) In due process the events that occurred will come out and (it won't happen) but hopefully it will be left there. This case will be a benchmark for the "Stand Your Ground Law" none the less. Florida Gov. Jeb Bush Says ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law Doesn’t Apply to Trayvon Martin Shooting

Last edited by Trey929RR; 03-27-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Reposted article Chambers already posted(removed it)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can see the issue a little more clearly now, and it appears to have nothing to do with the "hoodie" at all - more about an incident which got out of hand. The loss of life is unfortunate.
The original agenda was clearly to stereotype the wearers of "hoodies" and bring in some kind of racial connotation.
Glad the truth has been told.

All this shows us is that reporting will not necessarily be used to print the truth, rather to inflame passions in people who if they had the full facts would have seen the incident for what it was.

It's a sad indictment on the world we live in.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM

from what I've heard, zimmer called the cops to report a suspicious person, 911 asked if he was following him and he said he was, 911 said they didn't need him to do that. At some point after there was a confrontation and that's where things get hazy. Eye witnesses report that a scuffle was about to start when space aliens beamed down and hit both with stun rays. the aliens were about to **** probe both of them but before they could three Canadian Ninja's came out of nowhere to try to stop them. An epic battle ensued with tons of cheap fireworks. Suddenly the aliens grew 10 fold in size forcing the ninjas into their robotic machine of equal size. After more fighting the robotic machine fired a lazer killing the alien. Regretfully a piece of the alien flew off and struck the boy killing him. Soon after the gov'ment clean up personal came in washing the memories clean of any eye witness and planted the bogus story of a fight and self defense thinking it would just go away. Meanwhile the media got reports of a light skin person killing a dark skin person and said heck no, we're going to make this about race! Someone call Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton.

True story

Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still of the opinion that if Zimmerman was immediately taken into custody and put before a grand jury, there wouldn't be half this uproar.

Problem is apparently in whatever county they're in, self-defense cases have NEVER gone before a grand jury for charges. The d.a. of the county said their office and the prosecutor has always decided whether to press charges in any case involving self-defense. That's leaving the impression that 1 man or woman is making the decision based on preliminary investigation... which is correct pretty much.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Going way off topic....but this is true story. One of my nephew 17yo, was returning home after an argument with GF. He sees a guy in a car park on the street looking suspicious. He then went inside home for 20minutes. Later taking out the trash he sees same guy in car, so he man up and yell out "hey bro, you ok? Waiting for someone?" The guy in car says, it's none of your business. My nephew yell back, hey you are park in front of my house (even though public street) ....guy yell back " **** you" ....my nephew walk up, the guy came out car. Then ****, car was tinted and one more guy from rear seat came out. Both them jump my nephew in front of his house on the street. With black eye, blood nose, he manage to get back into house. Then my aunt runs out and say, we've call police. Guy walk back his car, took out a baseball bat, walk to my aunt's car park on the driveway and start smashing the tail light, then the rear window, then got back into his car and left. Cops came later, police report filed.

Next day, 7-8 pm night time, guy came back with 5 dudes in car, drove by multiple times, takes our a gun and shot at my aunts house.....

Luckily guy did not have gun the first night....

But I knew this type of scenario will come to my nephew. 17yo and thinks he is invincible. Talk really tough, no manners....but that's a very tipicle 17yo...we all been there. So from now on, my nephew talks more polite to strangers...guess he learn his lesson....Smile at people, people smile back....life experience

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 03-27-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I'm still of the opinion that if Zimmerman was immediately taken into custody and put before a grand jury, there wouldn't be half this uproar.
I don't know if that would have stopped this media uproar b/c even now when you can find plenty of evidence to illustrate this as self defense the media is still ignoring them and continuing to cover it as a racial thing.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Default Trevon

This is very sad......if the tables were turned...hhhmmm

Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chambers
I don't know if that would have stopped this media uproar b/c even now when you can find plenty of evidence to illustrate this as self defense the media is still ignoring them and continuing to cover it as a racial thing.
I think half the uproar is because he wasn't taken into custody nor accused of any crime. To the general public, the appearance is he's already been acquitted. And right now, there is very little actual evidence and a ton of "he said, she said, someone said".

Evidence is stuff presented in a court.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about picture of Zimmerman? Injured face and head? That will support his statement.

Quick Reply: Killed for wearing Hoodies?