Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Killed for wearing Hoodies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chainstretcher: Thanks for allowing this thread to continue. We'll keep it civil and non-political (won't we everyone?)

New development: a witness who claims to have called 911 when he saw Zimmerman and Martin fighting. He initially saw Zimmerman on the ground, with Martin on top beating him. The blood on his face and back of his head, grass stains and moisture on his back bear give credence to that.

Perhaps the press has convicted the wrong person.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

removed

Last edited by donjuan23; 03-25-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: drunk
Old 03-25-2012, 05:32 PM

My take on this and this is purely my take on it.

This is nothing more than busy work for Al Sharpton and his race based rhetoric among many people I know I'm on the minority of people who actually have their own thought about it rather than immediately hop on the bandwagon and call this a murder because he was black.

What we know for sure is a guy who happened be be Whie(Hispanic) shot and killed a 17year old black teenager, and in our racially sensitive society that makes him a racist? There is no evidence he killed him based on the color of his skin.

I'll leave it to the courts to decide who is guilty not the press, if this keeps up the man will not get a fair trial.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 AM

The Zimmerman dude should have been arrested no matter what, like what Kuroshiniohsho said, regardless if it was self defense, murder, et cetra. The only problem I have with this is the MEDIA. They show a picture of Zimmerman(in an Orange jail scrubs *his mugshot from previous charges*) and then show a picture of Treyvon(from 2-3 years ago) looking like a young kid. That in itself is what the media preys on.

I saw a picture today of where someone put a picture of Zimmerman in a suit up next to Treyvon looking like a thug, but the MEDIA twisted it and front loaded the images to warp peoples minds into an automatic/prejudice response with the initial photos. If you weren't paying much attention, you could think Zimmerman's picture was his mugshot from the event at hand. The media is great at times, but horrible at others. The President has even gotten involved from what I last heard. Media....:icon_facepalm:

and +10 to Chris.... "I'll leave it to the courts to decide who is guilty not the press, if this keeps up the man will not get a fair trial." You said it.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisb319
My take on this and this is purely my take on it.

This is nothing more than busy work for Al Sharpton and his race based rhetoric among many people I know I'm on the minority of people who actually have their own thought about it rather than immediately hop on the bandwagon and call this a murder because he was black.

What we know for sure is a guy who happened be be Whie(Hispanic) shot and killed a 17year old black teenager, and in our racially sensitive society that makes him a racist? There is no evidence he killed him based on the color of his skin.

I'll leave it to the courts to decide who is guilty not the press, if this keeps up the man will not get a fair trial.
Originally Posted by Trey929RR
The Zimmerman dude should have been arrested no matter what, like what Kuroshiniohsho said, regardless if it was self defense, murder, et cetra. The only problem I have with this is the MEDIA. They show a picture of Zimmerman(in an Orange jail scrubs *his mugshot from previous charges*) and then show a picture of Treyvon(from 2-3 years ago) looking like a young kid. That in itself is what the media preys on.

I saw a picture today of where someone put a picture of Zimmerman in a suit up next to Treyvon looking like a thug, but the MEDIA twisted it and front loaded the images to warp peoples minds into an automatic/prejudice response with the initial photos. If you weren't paying much attention, you could think Zimmerman's picture was his mugshot from the event at hand. The media is great at times, but horrible at others. The President has even gotten involved from what I last heard. Media....:icon_facepalm:

and +10 to Chris.... "I'll leave it to the courts to decide who is guilty not the press, if this keeps up the man will not get a fair trial." You said it.
couldn't agree more

Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Below is the two pictures I was talking about. Is that really Zimmerman and Treyvon in the second pictures? I honestly do not know. I have looked at them and can see some differences. BUT this is just to show what the media does. No I don't work for "The Media."

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a case best tried in the courts, not the media.
It's all hear-say, till then.

Ern

Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
they're trying to make this political when it ISNT.... change.org petitions demanding justice? that's total bs. this wasn't a black vs white thing that they're making it out to be.

this is another crime that was committed and there are 2 families that are completely broken right now. it wasn't self defense. it wasn't a stand your ground, nor was it a castle doctrine issue either. martin was being followed. this is a murder case - plain and simple.

everyone in florida with a ccw permit should KNOW that you can't shoot a fleeing person. that's what this was. zimmerman clearly broke the law, and killed someone - a 17 yr old, and should be tried for murdering a 17yr old. and i believe he will be.

i honestly think that its the political machine trying to just 'use' this case for their own gain. its bull****. screw everyone that is trying to make this something that it isn't.
Here is a link to a video that should give some more facts for everyone interested in it. Sanford Police Speak Out In Trayvon Martin Case - Yahoo! News

I agree about it being used by the media and politicians to take attention from more important issues, same thing happened when they crucified rush limaugh over the birth control thing. Hell this seems to be getting more attention than shooting sprees which kill several people.

I can't say this is a murder case b/c I wasn't there, apparently there are witnesses on both sides one on Martin's side that overheard it on the other end of the phone and apparently eyewitnesses on Zimmerman's side. Many of the reports on this thing are inaccurate so it's really just stirring up a bunch of crap when they should wait for the facts before running the story.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 PM

Facts? we don't need no stink'n facts.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's tragedy either way...media is indeed blowing it up...

Where we live, we also get involve in neighborhood watch...this meaning every one in the community keeping eyes out, report anything look suspicious to the police. By any means, not physically patrol an area with conceal weapon.

Quick Reply: Killed for wearing Hoodies?