Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kill a Biker Go to Jail.. *Petition*

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill a Biker Go to Jail.. *Petition*

[blockquote]Heres the direct link to the petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/sabike...tion-sign.html

Please visit Save A Biker at:
www.SaveABiker.comYour name and e-mail address will NEVER be given out for any reason other than this petition!The ultimate goal for this petition is to STRENGTHEN the current punishments, not to create more laws!
[/blockquote][hr] To: U.S.Congress Each and every day, distracted and inattentive drivers pull out in front of, follow too close or simply "mow over" motorcycles. Bikers are being injured and killed because of carelessness. Most of the time, the drivers receive a warning, simple citation, slap on the wrist or less.

If you pull a gun out and accidentally shoot someone, you most likely get tried for Involuntary Manslaughter.

If you hit someone on a bike and kill him or her, you get a ticket.

We would like for congress to pass legislation to strengthen punishments for drivers who kill.

Some states have tried to take action but it's time the federal government gets involved.

The statement "Kill a Biker, Go To Jail" is nothing new, but it must become a fact of life for drivers who carelessly murder bikers.

Most bikers ride in fear, knowing that if they get run over, the penalty is great for them, but not the careless driver that did them in!

If you support the right to live and ride, without the fear of some lowlife running you over and getting away with it, please sign this petition.

Sincerely, The Undersigned

Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Banned
Default RE: Kill a Biker Go to Jail.. *Petition*

Great slogan, 'kill a biker go to jail'. But really, isn't it kinda stupid? Here in Florida, bikers don't even need helmets. When a retard on a bike dies in a low speed crash because the guy isn't wearing a helmet, I should DIE? Even if it is my fault (drunkdriving excluded), he didn't even take the most basic safety measure.

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous, get used to the idea.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Great slogan, 'kill a biker go to jail'. But really, isn't it kinda stupid? Here in Florida, bikers don't even need helmets. When a retard on a bike dies in a low speed crash because the guy isn't wearing a helmet, I should DIE? Even if it is my fault (drunkdriving excluded), he didn't even take the most basic safety measure.

^he's kinda got a point

Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 AM

dont agree at all....we know the risk of riding...and the idiots without helmets, well hell they are just asking for it.

I could understand if drugs or alcohol were playing a role(which you would get jail time) but bikes are hard to see, especially when you have some idiot going 60mph in a 25mph zone.

I dont ride in fear. if you do then maybe you need to quit riding? seriously if you are so scared about getting ran over why do you ride? even if they passed this law its not going to solve anything at all. I have had ALOT of close calls, and I can understand being extremely pissed about an accident, but dont think someone should serve jail time over an "accident". shooting someone with a gun and getting into a car wreck are two completely different things, completely.

How about the careless bikers out there that kill other people including there selves...should we send there family to jail? just doesnt make sense and accident is just that. unless the person Intentionally runs the person over I dont see how putting them in jail would solve anything?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM

why do they call them accidents. They can be stopped if not by you then the driver.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Riding without a helmet is stupid.........but if someone kills a rider bc they are not paying attention or driving stupid then hell yeah they should serve some time

Old 01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
RCR

Don't agree either,

Sure it pisses me off when someone pulls out in front of me but bikes a hard to judge their speed when approaching them.

Its the risk we take by going out on the roads on a machine that is open with no safety restraints. This is something we choose to do and are not required to do so, to make a law that turns an accident into jail time is rediculous.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't think it's stupid. That's a federal law and it doesn't say "kill a biker without a helmet, go to jail".

I think motorcycles are safe, people like babies who doesn't know how to stand on his two feet make them dangerous.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

I think motorcycles are safe
You are up to34 times more likely to die on a bike than in a car. Make no mistake, motorcycles that travel on public roads are quite possibly THE most dangerous mode of travel ever. If you got 10 engineers in a room and asked them to design a more UNSAFE vehicle to share the road with an SUV they couldn't unless they used explosives and the aids virus to power it.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...sibility_f.cfm

http://safetycenter.navy.mil/ashore/...siontoride.htm

Old 01-06-2008, 02:22 PM

I think motorcycles are safe
If you got 10 engineers in a room and asked them to design a more UNSAFE vehicle to share the road with an SUV they couldn't unless they used explosives and the aids virus to power it.
Yes they could. A motocycle....WITH SHARP EDGES! That way when you crash and it lands on you it cuts you in half instead of just crushing you.

Quick Reply: Kill a Biker Go to Jail.. *Petition*