Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

kickstand riders....

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kickstand riders....

so i was just reading this thread on here that some kid wrote, i wont name him, but you could hardley tell wtf he was trying to say. he was talkin about buying a brand new 600RR, "cuz it look so hot". it reminded me of all the people i see on capital blvd in raleigh. they ride gsxr 1000s, and talk so much $hit to everyone on anything less than a 900. does it bother anyone else to see this stuff, or have any of you ever been told by someone who doesnt even ride "man i need somethin big, at least a 900"? or even worse ever heard
"after a few weeks youll get used to that 600 and you want more power". IMO being used to the power = being in control of the bike. how can you control something that you arent used to. its just my 2 cents, but im so sick of seeing people running their mouth about their brand new litre-class, and the whole time im looking at the 2 inch wide chicken strips on the back tire. does anyone else here live in raleigh, or see this where you live, cause i hate it.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kickstand riders....

All riders will go down eventually. Everyday there is almost an incident where I almost go down, and when I save it, it gives me this adrenaline rush better than anything I've ever had, including sex! Now that we are all thinking on the same page, don't let those who 'don't ride, or ride a 1k SXR' influence your thinking. We are all tired of hearing people talk bull**** about things they have no idea about. Including myself. As long as we have the Freedom of Speech (limited as it may be...) people will be farting out the alphabet any chance they get. Just be proud that you ride a CBR, THE BEST PRODUCTION BIKE IN THE WORLD, PROVEN! CBR Riders are their own breed, uncomparable to any other bike known to man. That alone should let those comments that drift into your ear canal just melt away. Let them talk, because when it comes time, they forget how to walk.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 PM

very true, they dont influence my thinking, its just that where i live they are all around me, its annoying! and i plan on owning many more cbr's in this lifetime!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:32 AM

I've put up with years of this sort of crap , mostly from owners of Italian bikes, (yeah I've owned some, and found them either to uncompromising or just plan awfull.) They usually get peeved when out gunned by some guy on a Jap bike. Most comment are usually a long the lines of "Jap bikes don't have charector", which translates to "My Italian bike, is uncomfortable to ride, needs major sevicing just to go down the street & cost a fortune to have serviced" "It cost heaps more than yours, it's red, so must be better".
There has always been competition between bike manufacturers, and that's good for us. But it really gets me, when they start bringing "cubic capacity " into the argument. Which in the real world is just bulls**t.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:05 AM

I went for a 265 mile ride last Saturday with 3 guys I had just met. A 51 yr. old rider that has rode for 29 years. He was on a R1. His friend, 42, that had rode for 20 years. He was on a RC-51, and his son on a GSXR 1000. We never hit major roads and stayed in the twisties from 9:30 am untill 5:30 pm. At the end of the day we was eating and talking and they all brought up the fact they could not believe that I was pushing them throught the curves. After half a day I was riding second posistion behind the R-1. I had no problem keeping up with the "liter" bikes until we hit the 4 -lanes for the last 11 miles home. I was proud of myself and the F4 for the fact I gained the respect of the "big bikes" for the skill to keep up. They admitted they look at the F4 a little different now.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 AM

People who talk about the 600's being too slow and say you need to get a 1000 to be good are like harley owners to me (uh oh **** people off alert) They are making up for something else."O man you gotta have the biggest bike man, the power man"..yea uh huh. These are also known as Hayabusa owners. That bike is so damn ugly. Not to **** off the 1000cc guys but the ones who talk crap about there lesser cc riders just ignorant.

Hey 2000cbrf4 nice dude nice..and pace ditto on the Italian owners

Old 09-03-2006, 03:54 AM

Ain't that the truth... and i ride 1000's+ !!!!!!!!! How can it be, a12yr newer bike, w/ state of the art "production" suspension,fueling and brakes, 200lb lighter, and w/ a rider generaly 150+lb less than me... stay ahead of my mighty 94 1000f?????!!!!!!! DAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I Know a tuned 600, is a real tool for embarASSment.Have you ever shoved a 4x8 sheet of ply wood 150????, its ugly !!!!!!!!!!! I posted about get'n suckerd into some zoom'n(I'm the sucker) I really enjoyed the carve'n ability of the r6's and gixxer6's (honda poor here). I ended up in 2nd in a 15mile chase, but it was clear(YIKES!!!!!!) I, my supension, brakes, ability were maxxed out, to do it. I would not do it again...( I HOPE!!!!!!!!1) That last down hill rt. hander onto a bridge at 115... try'n to catch that gix6... was nuts!!!!!!! and I'm try'n to slow down my ride'n... LOL!!!!!!! I'm not too suceptable to other's goading or comments... My own "woodie" is the "troublemaker" !!!!!!!!!!

discretion, the better part of valor !!!!!!! Clean and free, ( still sick!!!!!) Ripp'n

Old 09-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

alot of my friends that grew up with all just got their 1st bikes. and ofcourse they all went and got new gsxrs or r6/r1 .. funny thing is that most of them cant push their bikes as hard as i can mine and so i can out ride them . they might get me on the straight aways but it makes me feel good to know that i can ride my f3 hard and get more out of it then alot of the guys with newer bikes .. soon though im going to upgrade and get a newer bike. but untill then im just gonna have fun getting the most i can outta my 600 .

Old 09-03-2006, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

alot of my friends that grew up with all just got their 1st bikes. and ofcourse they all went and got new gsxrs or r6/r1 .. funny thing is that most of them cant push their bikes as hard as i can mine and so i can out ride them . they might get me on the straight aways but it makes me feel good to know that i can ride my f3 hard and get more out of it then alot of the guys with newer bikes .. soon though im going to upgrade and get a newer bike. but untill then im just gonna have fun getting the most i can outta my 600 .
I'm always thinking about a new bike. Bike shows, bike mags & just seeing the new ones on the street is always very tempting. I want this, and I want that. It's a consumer society and I guess were geared for it.
I've had my CBR for 8 years now, so I does not owe me anything, and everytime I ride it, all the reasons for getting a new bike are just blown away. It does everything, and I know it good & bad points. to me it still looks good, It's just not the latest.
I went to a bike museum a few months back, and saw a lot of great bikes, there where a lot there that I used to have and I thought, hey in 10 years time, people will be pointing to my bike and thinking it's a "classic" (& probably "gosh it still runs on petrol")

Old 09-03-2006, 09:29 AM

I live in north raleigh and I just stay away from capital. When I first moved here I was amazed by how many stretched out bikes there were. Where I'm from, we like to ride the canyons and a stretcher is for the drag strip and riders who don't know how to turn. Lots of egos bikes out there - I just ignore them knowing full well that they could win on a straight but I would lose them on any curves. Any jackass can go fast on a bike that won't wheelie and has a huge rear sprocket...

Quick Reply: kickstand riders....