Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Katrina Returns

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katrina Returns

I'm going to start a little forum blog on Hurricane Gustav.

I remember back when I was a kid I loved hurricanes because I got off from school and I enjoyed thunder storms so it was a win win for me. Now I realize its a pain in the *** since I went though Katrina 3 years ago. I was out of power and running water for 2 weeks. I didn't take a true bath for that entire time. Normally, I take 2 baths a DAY since its over 100 degrees and 100% humidity this time of the year. It gets really sticky and you sweat a bunch even in the shade. I was bored as hell for 2 weeks. Now, I worry about what will happen to all my crap. I can't load up and leave because my only mode of transportation is my motorcycle. I've been riding 24/7 to school and work for over a year now.

Today, its the day before the storm is to hit. Its really sunny and HOT. The state reversed the flow of the interstate. You can only go one direction on I-55, I-10 and Highway 190. And that way is out of state. No way to leave now really since the interstate and highway is jam packed.

Path of Gustav
Name:  144814W_sm.gif
Views: 26
Size:  44.2 KB

Katrina's Path

Katrina hit east of New Orleans last time. Everyone that knows hurricanes knows that the west side of the hurricane is the weakest. New Orleans was hit by Katrina's west part. This time Gustav is going west and we'll be getting hit by the east side of the hurricane, the strongest part. IMO, New Orleans is ****ed. I wouldn't be surprised if the levees broke again.

I placed a marker on google maps to my exact location. That way you can get a relative location to where the hurricane will be and where I will be.

Edit: I added a marker for the track I go to.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Default RE: Katrina Returns

damn dude, good luck with that. Ever thought about moving? lol

Old 08-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Well, I was planing on taking some pictures but my digital cam decided it doesn't want to work. Clouds from the outer rim of the 1990 Honda CBR600 F are in the sky now. I took a trip into town to get some lighter fluid but all the stores are closed. The interstate is completely backed up. I NEVER gets backed up. There is NEVER any traffic on the interstate here. So, its a sight to see.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:29 PM

It weakened back to a category 3...

Old 08-31-2008, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Adionik

It weakened back to a category 3...
Katrina was a category 3.

I took another trip into town to fill up a gas can for my bike. Everyone has stopped selling gas. I had to go way out my way to find a station that was selling and they were only selling premium. I'm sure they will stop selling soon. I have the bike parked in the living room right now. Decided against getting beer since if the power goes out it will get hot. I'm fairly sure it will go out and plus it will dehydrate me.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM

get beer AND water then!!! No use in going through hell for a 2nd time without some brewskies and your dog by your side!

Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Will be thinking bout ya Nauree, dont know how bad its gonna be, but hope you make it thru ok.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:46 PM

good luck Nauree... hope you make it through with all your property intact.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

Ever thought about moving? lol
That's rich.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MuSiC

get beer AND water then!!! No use in going through hell for a 2nd time without some brewskies and your dog by your side!
I like this guy...

Quick Reply: Katrina Returns