Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Karma came back around

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Karma came back around

Well my dad is a nice guy, honest, works hard, and for the last 10 years has been letting friends/relatives live with him with little to no rent. My dad has always taught me to help whoever you can whenever. This is why.

Well my step moms brother(Gilbert) has been staying with them for a few months and he has a Harley. He was trying to sell it for 10 grand and was low balled a few times. Finally a guy offered him 7 grand and he said ill just give it away. He texts my dad telling him he is a great guy and how thankful he was that at his lowest point they gave him a place to live and fed him and he wanted to say thank you. My dad text back saying its no big issue and your welcome to stay as long as you like.

A few hours later my dad got home from work and Gilbert is out cleaning the bike since it had been sitting for a few months since he couldnt afford to ride it. My dad walks up and Gilbert throws him the keys and my dad is like "nah i dont wanna ride your bike something might happen" Gilbert tells him its yours. My dad said his heart stopped. My dad said he would give him whatever money he could but Gilbert refuse's to take anything from them.

So my dad is like a kid on X-mas morning when he called me. Im super happy to see that my dad who works hard all the time and helps whoever he can finally got something for it. Figured id share it with everyone.

Its a 99 fat boy with a lot of chrome.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story! I really like hearing stuff like this. That's a nice looking bike!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great bike. Great story...
All Around great post..
Thread of the year? haha!

Dad sounds like a stand up guy.. Ive always said.. If you believe in karma it will always come back around... Im a strong believer in karma!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Great bike. Great story...
All Around great post..
Thread of the year? haha!

Dad sounds like a stand up guy.. Ive always said.. If you believe in karma it will always come back around... Im a strong believer in karma!
Haha yeah. I did a price search and it came out to about 9600. But it has a few add on's so its a win situation no matter what.

I always felt bad becuase he used to have a great condition hurricane and he let our uncle vince ride just up the drive way and he revved it and then let the clutch out. It ended up crashing into a weight bench and the dirtbikes and destroyed the fairings. He repaired em but never got em painted before he had to sell it to pay bills. Uncle never tried to help fix it. So now i gotta get out to cali with my bike so we can take a trip.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 AM

Thats an incredible story. Thank you for sharing.

And hope that your dad enjoys that bike for may years to come.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:30 AM

Yeah come out to cali for a ride! Some great roads back here to ride.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Totally beast man. Good for your pops and his bro in law.

Now get some pictures of both your bikes together

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
October 2011 ROTM

That is a damn good story . Good for your pops. Finally something good happened in this world instead bad. I find it crazy that the bike is fixing to be 12 years old is still going for $10K, hell even $7k. My was was 3 years old and I bought it for $5k. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a bike.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You ride out to Cali - grab the West-to-east coast sprocket and bring it back with you - I'll come get it from you and we'll see if I can manage to get it across to the other coast with only one hand-off, lol.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
You ride out to Cali - grab the West-to-east coast sprocket and bring it back with you - I'll come get it from you and we'll see if I can manage to get it across to the other coast with only one hand-off, lol.
That would be quite a quest. If i could somehow get 30 days of leave approved and fly the wife out to cali then i would maybe give it a go. Till then itll remain a sweet dream. haha

Quick Reply: Karma came back around