Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

-{[K A V A]}- Any other indulgers??

Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -{[K A V A]}- Any other indulgers??

We have a few Kava Bars down here. There's not much more relaxing, within the peramiters of the law, than indulging in some Kava, drank out of a coconut shell after a long bike ride. Just wondering if there were any other's on the Forum that have indulged in such pleasantries? Here's the Wikipedia definition in case any of you are like WTF is KAVA? It actually has a revearse tolerance, so the more you drink the "less you need" to feel its effects. In my own words, I would describe it as across btwn a mild Marijuana buzz and a Valium, just diluted. VERY RELAXING

Kava (Piper methysticum) (Piper Latin for "pepper", methysticum Greek for "intoxicating") is an ancient crop of the western Pacific. Other names for kava include ʻawa (Hawaii), 'ava (Samoa), yaqona (Fiji), and sakau (Pohnpei). The word kava is used to refer both to the plant and the beverage produced from it. Kava is a legal intoxicant in many countries and if consumed before driving can cause a DUI citation. It is a tranquilizer primarily consumed to relax without disrupting mental clarity. Its active ingredients are called kavalactones. In some parts of the Western World, kava extract is marketed as herbal medicine against stress, insomnia, and anxiety.

[edit] Traditional preparation
Kava is consumed in various ways throughout the Pacific Ocean cultures of Polynesia, Vanuatu, Melanesia and some parts of Micronesia and Australia. Traditionally it is prepared by either chewing, grinding or pounding. Chewing is followed by depositing into a bowl, mixing with water and straining through the cloth-like fiber of a coconut tree. Grinding is done by hand against a cone-shaped block of dead coral; the hand forms a mortar and the coral a pestle. The ground root/bark is combined with only a little water, as the fresh root re

Old 04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Default RE: -{[K A V A]}- Any other indulgers??

+1 to you blizz for turning me into the equivalent of a crackhead, that is a kavahead . did that make a sence? i need a kava fix!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:37 PM

it was my pleasure Matt! I just threw in the effects into my post, pretty spot on!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:41 PM

RIGHT ON, i love our little back and forth convos on here, it allways makes my day !

Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 PM
VP

Sounds like my kind of drink... any in the US?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 PM

yeah, they have kava bars all over the place, blizz and myself are in south fl

Old 04-26-2008, 09:18 PM

I'll be on the the lookout for these.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:23 PM

guy's let me tell you, kava is really good, it tastes a little off, but the effects are worth it. DRINK LIKE 2 BOWLS WORTH WITH 1 FRIEND, do it do it do it.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Retired Moderator

I thought I was going into a Kava bar once, but it turned out to be a guano bar...those drinks tasted like ****! [&:]

Old 04-26-2008, 09:30 PM

kava is kinda good, it has to be tried.

Search this Thread