Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

just wrecked my 1000rr and myselfe

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just wrecked my 1000rr and myselfe

3 days ago i wrecked my bike going 70mph. I guy made an inproper u turn in front of me and he never saw me coming. He almost hit me instead of me hiting the side of his car and flying in the air. Thats what probably saved me even thou i landed 50 yards from the accident. I was wearing cheap jeans, a white t shirt, a bookbag and helmet. I got some roadrash but didnt brake any bones. Everyone said i was very lucky to fly over the wreck if not i would have ended up just like my bike. He got the ticket and his insurance will pay for my bike and hospital bills.

Anyways, my family "wont let me" get another bike. The only chance i have of riding is to fix this one with the excuse that its for sale and not for me to ride it. Well, the bike needs a frame, fork, front wheel, plastics, exhaust, and other things. Before the accident, i wanted to put wave rotors, carbon body work, racing exhaust and polish the frame, so i dont see a "huge" difference with the exeption that i was going to save some $ by selling the stock parts that are now wrecked.

I would like to build a track bike, so the frame is around $400. Here is my big question

PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICS AND TELL ME IF ITS REALLY WORTH BUILDING THE BIKE BACK THE WAY I WANT IT????
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1873792

Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: just wrecked my 1000rr and myselfe

im glad u came out that okay .. the damage looks pretty bad u r lucky u didnt get hurt..as for the bike goes .. id ont see any thing in the pics that u can build up . its like building the bike from scratch...sorry for ur bike thou

Old 06-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Your a very lucky man.

I wouldn't ride that if you managed to rebuild it.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 PM

Ouch man! Super glad you're alive and well.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 06-10-2007, 09:34 PM

that bike is pretty done in...His insurance should pay for that completly and you would have enough to buy another one....how old are you? what year is it? you would get blue book for it... And you could out right buy another one with some cash left over...pull the wheels off and brake lines etc and save them you could sell them or keep extra parts for your new bike.... Good luck glad to hear your okay

Old 06-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Yea, you guys are right.I rather just sell whatevers left. I wouldnt feel comfortable getting 100+ mph on a bike with that kind of damage anyways. I will take this as a lesson and move on. Its amazing how quick someone can mess everything up in seconds.

thanks guys... ride safe and look out for idiots on the road.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 PM

hope you get a new bike, gotta love those lessons learned the hard way[:@]

Old 06-10-2007, 10:39 PM

yeah...u aint building it back up homie. ur bike is cut in half boss, it aint happenin. as far as salvagen anything off of it, do what u can. def keep the motor and strip that baby down. u can always sell what aint damaged off of it to someone. u will get another bike man, dont worry. hey, just look on the brighter side...maybe u can get an 06 now lol. glad u didnt end up lookin like that bike bro

Old 06-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, YOU'RE ALIVE! Glad to see you can walk and talk let alone tap on a keyboard...Second, I would take some time before jumping on another bike...I can see where your family is coming from... Take the insurance $ and stash it away for awhile till you come across a deal that can't be beat...Then you at least have a somewhat descent reason to buy another one...
Good Luck!
RB

Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 AM

Hmm, scraps huh? How much for that rear chassy?

*Edited

Nevermind I see whats left of it.

Quick Reply: just wrecked my 1000rr and myselfe