Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just when you think .....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just when you think .....

So i was woundering what else has happend to others that just makes you want to give up.... For me its

Ibuy a '07 cbr 1k and want to start my mods, and i run acrossthis forum (that i might add kicks butt). So i read about the xenon kit Blue Fox posted and like what i readso i make the purchace and install it. Best money i've spent so far. i can see so much better on the back roads i live on. Then save more money and install flush mount turn singnals. Im off to a great start right?

Then... i cut myleft hand and go deep enough to cut the tendon.( 6 weeks of no riding) well there goes the money for my pipe. So while on bike time out, i save up enough money to get my pipe.

Then i get a nail in my back tire and not only does it put a hole in it bit i have 900 miles on the set. so now my money is going to a new back tire.

Man it sucks, just never can get ahead in 2008.

What about any of ya'll?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Just when you think .....

Riding a bike is a lifestyle. There are peaks and valleys. In five, ten, twenty years...you will be glad you didn't call it quits, and you will be a wise rider (at least we can all hope for that ).

Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM

You got about 850 more miles then i did out of a brand new rear tire..[:@]

Welcome to my world!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 PM

If you give up that easy then you are a quiter.

Ive seen guys here spend a little over 2000 on their bikes an lay them down, do they give up. Hell no, they ride its ugly rashed up a$$ fot a while and start to get it back on track. hell, I laied mine down a little over a year after I boght it and broke 5 ribs in the process, punctured alung and all adn kept on riding. Fixed the frame sliders, the shield and lever and sanded the rash and got back on it. I took off the stickers and thoght about painting it again, now I am thinking about keeping the rash as a reminder to be friking carefull next time!!!.

Dont give up! and take cere of that hand cutting tendons is nasty buisness.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
RCR

It's not worth killing yourself over, don't give up!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM

lmao

O dont get me wrong im not quiting! i love my bike. i think its cool to be able to throw a mod on it and make it look that much more diffrent than the guy next to me. thats what makes it fun when your not riding it. I was just woundering what kinda bad luck others havehad like mine

Old 05-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Keep your chin up bro...crap always comes in streaks. You can go for 6 months with nothing going wrong then out of the blue 5 things will take a dump. I think its god keeping us humble

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 PM

modding bikes...modding cars...same thing man. I've had every single system on my e30 fail. I've even had things as random as caliper bolts failing (while on a date) and motor mounts fail, causing the motor to shift...3 inches forward (was actually picking up my dad from the shop he was getting his clutch done at)...

my best friend asked me multiple times why I mod my cars and bike...since 'it looks like it only causes trouble and wastes money'....

the point im trying to make is, having fun comes at a price. but if you truely love what you do, and what you ride/drive...then it won't hold you back (but it'll frustate the living fu<k out of you)

keep your head up...or do what i do when i'm down:

blow money on car parts, bike parts, or gear.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

2nd ride this spring, had just installed all my winter mods, brand new jacket, gloves, and helmet.....

All gone. Took me bout 3 weeks to repair the bike (shoulda been 2 but VPsophomore got involved ) and about 2 grand in repairs and new gear. But crap happens i guess, back on the road again and lovin it. Dont let it get ya down though, it definatly happens to all of us from time to time.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

I wrapped my bike up in a gaurd rail on the 24th of March. So far I have everything back together minus the plastics.
This is how I have been rolling for the last couple of weeks.
Name:  000_0400.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  63.9 KB
Name:  000_0401.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  76.9 KB

Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty