Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got out of court

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got out of court

Thats no problem Voodoo ....I was a lurker a long time on this site before i ever joined and decided to brave up and post. And thats something mods should look at. Look at the amount of members that are online, then look at the amount who actually post. When people start being "dickwads" on these threads and other viewers read them it discourages them not to post, i no this from experience. Im active over in mitsubishiforums.com, and I see it a lot there also. There is some awesome guys on this site, some that have flamed me a lil', but maybe they had a bad day @ work or something. Hey, it happens. Maybe I should have called him an "unfriendly disrespectful police officer",I just preffered the word douche. .....in the end We all love our HONDAS!...

Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Jlh...I wanted to say thanks for not losing your cool and calling everyone posting a bunchof dickwads (including me ). You are getting flamed a little here and there, but that kind of stuff happens from time to time when you post a bold statement.No big deal, right? You did the right thing by NOT running and being polite to the cop. I guess, after thinking about it, I'd be pissed if the guy belittled me while I was trying to be nothing but courtious and compliant. Anyway, like others have said, learn from it. Get your **** fixed (endorsement , tag, etc), and keep two wheels down as much as possible. A cop will probably light you up EVERY time...and they are backroads, too. Be safe!
exactly, everyone else here is a douche for trying to act like cops arent douches

Old 11-27-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Jlh...I wanted to say thanks for not losing your cool and calling everyone posting a bunchof dickwads (including me ). You are getting flamed a little here and there, but that kind of stuff happens from time to time when you post a bold statement.No big deal, right? You did the right thing by NOT running and being polite to the cop. I guess, after thinking about it, I'd be pissed if the guy belittled me while I was trying to be nothing but courtious and compliant. Anyway, like others have said, learn from it. Get your **** fixed (endorsement , tag, etc), and keep two wheels down as much as possible. A cop will probably light you up EVERY time...and they are backroads, too. Be safe!

Very true...sounds like you have learned from your mistakes and won't do it again. The officers are should be curteous to you as you were to them, but it usually doesn't happen. I had nearly the same experience in court 2 wks ago, only I rammed it down his throat and got the charges dropped

Old 11-27-2007, 08:18 PM

exactly, everyone else here is a douche for trying to act like cops are douches
....im sorry but that statement confuses me.

And Brandon, glad to here yours got droppend, losing 300 buck sucked but could have been worse.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:18 PM

Sorry,I didn't meen to attack you. I misunderstood your story. Guess he was having a bad day. Remember cops are people too just like everyone else. Keeping your papers legit, not splitting traffic,and the bike on two wheels will usually keep you out of trouble. Glad to hear though the judge lowered your fines and most of all took care of all the points. Have fun riding.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 PM

Thats no problem Opie, Im not here to fight over the web. lol . I can take critisism were it is expected. I just had a bad experience, and with the way cops are cracking down on sportbikes, im sure i'll have another run-in but next time me and my bike will be legit.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
VP

lol I was just kidding but I fixed it

Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM

Ohhhh.....lol.....I gotcha now.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 PM

No matter what a traffic violator does (and that means he has only violated traffic laws, not higher level Penal Code laws) there is no excuse for an officer being disrespectful or using profanity. The officer should approach with a simple "Need to see your driver's license" and any other required documentation the state requires or specific behavior he wants (stay on the bike, stay in the car, etc). Then he tells the violator what they did which caused them to be stopped, checks 'em out, then he either cites them or tells them not to do it again and lets 'em off with a warning.

I know all this, because in another life, I used to be a traffic officer (motorjock, imagine that), and I taught traffic code and violator contact for over 10 years at the Police Academy. Anything else besides what we called "The 7 Step Violator Contact" is pretty much NOT by the book and serves no purpose other than to p1ss people off. Total lack of professionalism to use profanity with a violator. If they're respectful, so was I, and we concluded our business.

Many officers really do not know all of the traffic code, but people don't fight a "feather-legged" citation because they don't know the law either. They've "heard" of this or that, like what defines reckless driving or if it's illegal todrive barefoot, but never really asked anyone that knew.

Buddy got a ticket the other day for "License Plate Not Visible" (undertail) and I told him to call the court and ask what statute he was charged with. They couldn't find the law, because there is no law in Texas for that. Case dismissed. (Each state has different laws. I can comment extensively about Texas law, but not the other 49 states).

I always taught the rookies that if they want to be perceived as a professional they need to act like one.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: randyjoy

No matter what a traffic violator does (and that means he has only violated traffic laws, not higher level Penal Code laws) there is no excuse for an officer being disrespectful or using profanity. The officer should approach with a simple "Need to see your driver's license" and any other required documentation the state requires or specific behavior he wants (stay on the bike, stay in the car, etc). Then he tells the violator what they did which caused them to be stopped, checks 'em out, then he either cites them or tells them not to do it again and lets 'em off with a warning.

I know all this, because in another life, I used to be a traffic officer (motorjock, imagine that), and I taught traffic code and violator contact for over 10 years at the Police Academy. Anything else besides what we called "The 7 Step Violator Contact" is pretty much NOT by the book and serves no purpose other than to p1ss people off. Total lack of professionalism to use profanity with a violator. If they're respectful, so was I, and we concluded our business.

Many officers really do not know all of the traffic code, but people don't fight a "feather-legged" citation because they don't know the law either. They've "heard" of this or that, like what defines reckless driving or if it's illegal todrive barefoot, but never really asked anyone that knew.

Buddy got a ticket the other day for "License Plate Not Visible" (undertail) and I told him to call the court and ask what statute he was charged with. They couldn't find the law, because there is no law in Texas for that. Case dismissed. (Each state has different laws. I can comment extensively about Texas law, but not the other 49 states).

I always taught the rookies that if they want to be perceived as a professional they need to act like one.

See every traffic cop should have been trained that way. Being proffesional would seem to get you a lot farther.

Quick Reply: Just got out of court