Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just finished the MSF course 15 minutes ago...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished the MSF course 15 minutes ago...

... and all I have to say is, WOW! Now i'm by no means a beginner when it comes to motorcycles. I've been around a lot of dirt bikes and street bikes. I thought i was going to be bored the whole time watching the new people drop thier bikes constantly (which is actually pretty fun!)

The bikes we had were awesome too. It was on a 500cc buell blast. mine only had 2 miles on it and obviously I was the first person to ride it. When I was done, the foot peg rubbers was bored down all the way to the metal inside of it. my instructors didn't care what i did. everytime I turned, foot peg on the ground. everytime I pulled back with the group, i'd lock up the rear tire and do a 90 degree turn. one time I almost high sided into the group losing the back wheel because the weight of my bike rested on the peg in the turn. the instructors just kinda laughed and told me to slow down.

everyone has to take this course in my opinion. I actually learned a lot!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Just finished the MSF course 15 minutes ago...

Nice I was curious how much did the course set you back money whise? Also was youres just a one day thing?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM

$295

5 day course...

time and money well spent.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:22 PM

mine was 3 days...i think i paid 20 bux....

Old 03-30-2008, 02:25 PM

Did anyone actually drop a bike? No one in my class did, it was an immediate failure if you did I belive.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 PM

people dropped bikes all the time. you can't fail this class (unless you don't show up)

thursday - 3 hours of class
friday - 3 hours of class
saturday - 3 hours of class / 7 hours of riding
sunday - 7 hours of riding
monday - graduation - 3 hours of class

Old 03-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Which course did you take? Beginners or experienced? My course is only 3 days long for beginner. The experienced is 1 day. I know for the course I am going to take you can fail, either the written or the riding portion. The only positive if you do fail is you are allowed to try and pass within 30 days and you wont lose your money. But I agree I have been told it is tough to fail, you basically have to not want to pass. Congrats!

Old 03-30-2008, 03:20 PM

There was a guy who failed the MSF course I was in. He basically had no motor-coordination skills at all, he wasn't able to stop at the stop test, he couldn't do the figure 8 or the U-turn, and it was scary even watching him go straight, didn't know a bike could wobble that much going in a straight line...

Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Yeah I take that back. You can't really fail it... you will be 'coached to leave'. Basically they will be instructed 1 on 1. What takes people so long is because they're usually afraid... afraid of something that happened to them in the past. Then they feel pressured. This one lady was 'coached to leave' in my class. She was the pain in the *** to be behind because she stalled everytime. Sometimes she'd give it too much gas and burnout followed by a quick stall. She knew I was waiting on her and then she would panic and screw up.

edit: i took the beginners because i don't have my license. just a temp.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

We had 125 eliminators (kawi???),4 out of 12 students dropped the bike. One lady dropped it 4 times but kept talking about the harley dyna 'her old man bought for her', she had every piece of harley clothes ever made on, even a harley belt, what a goof. Although, I guess I am a bit of a dick too since I borrowed a set of harley gloves to use for my class, they are actually very nice gloves, but I still felt like a dick wearing them.

Class was about $175 , 3 days, lots of fun.

Quick Reply: Just finished the MSF course 15 minutes ago...