Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Job Application ?? on misdemeanor

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Job Application ?? on misdemeanor

Like someone said, they're going to find out anyways. Yes, put it on your app. Why? Yeah, there are some crimes that would prevet someone from getting a job (theft, fraud, etc.) but in all honesty, they're looking for "...is he/she an honest person?" Like, EVERYONE makes mistakes in life...if you mark no/say nothing about it and they find out about it, they're going to be like, "He lied...Can I really trust this person?...Is this person telling the truth about everything else?..." and so on whereas if you marked yes/said something about it, they'd be like, "Well, this person did make a mistake, but at least he was honest about it...I can trust this person...I'm going to give him a chance to prove himself...", or something along those lines. I wish you the best of luck man. Keep us UTD and let us know how everything's going.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Job Application ?? on misdemeanor

Ummm..yeah, I would definitely put down that you were convicted of a misdemeanor. When they ask, they mean misdemeanors and felony convictions. Most places will even want to know how many traffic violations you've had, to include the charge, and when/where. Its always good to be on the safe side and disclose EVERYTHING. If you don't, and they find out about it..your application is worth nothing more than a paperweight. When I applied for my agency I put down every single parking ticket, speeding ticket, etc. and in the polygraph booklet, even the fact that I took change off of my dad's dresser when I was a kid.

Most agencies realizes that 99% of people applying have made some type of mistake(s) in their life. What they care about is that they can put faith in your integrity, and that after whatever you did..you learned from the mistake and moved on. You don't want to risk losing a job position over something minor like a disturbing the peace conviction. However, if you were convicted of it a few months prior to applying they might have a problem with that. If it was years ago, they most likely could care less. Best of luck in whatever you decide.