Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Jammin

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin

Hey ladies and gents.

So I know some of you out there ride while jammin out to the ipod or the zune. Is it a good idea? And is it legal in Virginia? (if you know) All around does it effect your riding in anyway?

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: Jammin

I ride with an earbud in one ear.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:31 PM

It's not a good idea to ride with ear buds in both ears IMO. My buddy does it all the time and if it was not for me he would have been hit because of it. I ride with one in my left ear sometimes and I can still hear whats going on around me, but once I get on the freeway I can't hear the music.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:34 PM

i ride with both in my ears all the time, get the buds that have a lil thingy that also goes on over the back of the ear...helps em stay in easier when your puttin on your helmet, at least it does for me.

also, i dont get the point of only wearing one bud? to hear more traffic? half the time i have my mp3 player turned up almost as loud as it can go and i can still here my freakin exhaust over the music

Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Yea, I rock my Ipod pretty much wherever i go...except quick rides you know, but my commute to work is 30 mins one way.....it sucks with no music and just the continuous drone of exhaust, traffic, and wind. I rock both ears too..and like Dizzie said..even with my nano turned up all the way, my Scorpion exhaust trumps it every time i get out of first gear. I can also hear my horn and other cars and stuff...but i can see how it could make some people uncomfortable......i grew up racin cars and what not, so having communication/noise in my ear while going fast and payin attention is like second nature, for me "paying attention" is a lot more visual then audible, and on a bike i have much more freedom to twist and turn and visually see everything around me, but like i said..thats me..i cant imagine that there are any legal issues with it, although i do know that it is illegal in some states to drive a cage with headphones on, not sure about bikes.....

Ultimately it comes down to how comfortable you are doing it..i know some guys that wont do it cause of the physical discomfort,(ie -- fatheads, ;p ) ..if you feel like you lose some sense of whats going on cause you cant hear as well, then maybe its not a good idea, but if you are cool with it, and feel that it wouldnt pose any danger to you, then cool....rock out....

Old 01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

long trips, 2 in.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 AM

AHh thanks for the feedback guys. Next time I go for a ride. SOon as this damn weather gets better. Im gona try it out. Ill let you know what I think.

Thanks again fellas.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

Hey ladies and gents.

So I know some of you out there ride while jammin out to the ipod or the zune. Is it a good idea? And is it legal in Virginia? (if you know) All around does it effect your riding in anyway?

[sm=feedback.gif]
why in the heck would anyone want a zune? lmao JK.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Not a good idea and illegal in the state of VA.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM