Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Jacket Issue Help Me Out

Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacket Issue Help Me Out

Okay so here is the deal im looking into getting a textile shift avenger...

So here is where the problem starts what jacket size should i get with these dimensions

im

6'0"
36" Chest
28"-29" waist

so idk if i should get a small and have it be short on me or a med. and have it be big around the chest and waste

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM

I'd say get a small. It would be better to have it fit right on the shoulders and a little loose in the waist, then to have it loose everywhere. I don't know what the length difference is, but its probably not enough to worry about. However, the length of the arms are probably different. But having a jacket that doesn't fit around the chest is a PINA. The wind will keep shifting it side to side. Unless you plan on wearing a sweatshirt under it, I wouldn't get one that was that much oversized in the chest.

I know how you feel about trying to find jackets that fit. When I was in great shape, I had a 48 inch chest with a 31 inch waist. I couldn't even find shirts that fit. I always had tightness around my chest and shoulders, and a parachute around my waist. Now that im out of shape, the xxl jackets fit a little better

Also, Their sizing chart is considering the waist as a measurment around the bellybutton... just in case you didn't see that.

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/Ca...ackets&cid=256

Last edited by justasquid; 09-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 PM

I'd go with Medium - a small will be too short on you. And holy hell my friend - go eat a cheeseburger and hit the gym.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 PM

i would recommend going with a medium. i have 2 shift jackets, an avenger in XL and a revolver in L. i like how the L fits much more than the XL. it doesn't seem much shorter, but fits WAY better in the chest and waist. XL doesn't seem to mean tall, it just means fat...

that being said, i'm not way bigger than you (6', ~38" chest, 32" waist) and i can't imaging wearing a small... i think the small really would be unbearably short on you, where the medium won't feel like you're swimming in it.

to sum up, i'm recommending that you size up (like i did) (even though it didn't work for me).

Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid

I know how you feel about trying to find jackets that fit. When I was in great shape, I had a 48 inch chest with a 31 inch waist. I couldn't even find shirts that fit. I always had tightness around my chest and shoulders, and a parachute around my waist. Now that im out of shape, the xxl jackets fit a little better

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/Ca...ackets&cid=256
Actual measurements or clothing sizes?

I wear a 43-44 Jacket and wear size 32 jeans. A 48 / 31 is pretty elite man. Impressive. But I hear you, I have a good bit of difficulty finding clothing that fits properly myself. Although i've found that Motorcycle gear is a little better as a lot of it is cut tapered or athletic or whatever you want to call it.

Also for what its worth Zach - I wear 32 jeans but my Shift Torque Thrust jeans are 36 (I tried on multiple pairs on at the local store) - so maybe all their stuff runs small?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought u were going with pink

Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 AM

A 48 / 31 is pretty elite man. Impressive
thanks, but that was quite awhile ago before I was married, had a son, and a ton of other things going on. those were my actual measurements, but it really wasn't because of a ton of muscle or anything though, I have very wide shoulders and a really wide back, which is where the higher chest measurement comes in. My back has a natural V taper without even working out, so my proportions were a little hard to find clothing for, at least clothes that wouldn't look like I was trying to show off anyway. My lats would push my arms out, so it probably made me look even more like a douchebag..

I basically lived in the gym because I had nothing esle to do. Now with no free time, its very hard to make it to the gym at all. I am returning though. So hopefully I can get back close to where I was.