Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ive got a problem and need help!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ive got a problem and need help!

The problem is this: I cant stop buying sportbikes!!! I go in, browse craigslist and find a good deal that cant be passed up on. I try and get my friends to buy the bike but if they pass I seem to find my way to their house. Guys, Im running out of garage space and if I buy another bike will have to go rent storage space. In the past year Ive purchased 3 sportbikes and 1 dirtbike. Help!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Default RE: Ive got a problem and need help!

Send them my way..I'll rent you some garage space and keep them for you, even for the 911

nice garage BTW

Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Ty

I think the obvious answer is to pick out the nicest bikes and store them in my garage where I will gently ride them every so often to keep them track-ready. I will require no rent, just a parts and maintenance allowance from you to cover incidentals. Maybe 500 per bike per month. That should be enough to keep the dust off. I will even throw in free washes. Up to 4 a month.

LOL

For real though, I think you can fit one or two more in there. Get a lift for the Porsche.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 PM

Where's the problem? Move them into your living room.
Remove your wife's half of the bed so your favorite bike has a nice place to sleep.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:41 PM

You should give me your F3. I love the way that looks for some reason.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM

You're just filling empty garage space. Better than filling it with crap or crap from your wife. Oooops I mean wife's personal things. Little trinkets worth saving in boxes and never looking at them again.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 PM

Dude, it's not your fault. It is a sickness. A genetic mutation that overpowers you. It is a chronic (ha!) illness that will never die until you do...

Some people turn to heroin, others to pills--but nothing works for long, and you're right back thumbing through craigslist, jonesin' hard.

Some patients of mine have responded well to this treatment:

When the urge to buy gets heavy and you're about to crack (ha!), force yourself into the garage with a handful of toothbrushes and a bottle of simple green. Start with the oldest bike you have, remove the fairings completely. Detail the engine, then clean and wax the fairings. You must focus. Force yourself to think only about the bike you're working on--become one with the motorcycle THAT YOU HAVE NOW.

The key is to want what you already have--difficult in your condition. The odds are long (only five percent of people with acquisition dysplasia recover to lead a normal life...), but it is possible. Good luck!

BTW, anyone can read your Turbo's tag a little too easily...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Banned

You really aren't doing that badly, one roadbike, one track bike, andone dirtbikeis enough, so you are only one over. I say keep up the good work.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 AM

Stay off of Craigslist. I was going on there every day and wanted to buy a differant bike every day , butI don't have the money right now. I was on there last week like a dumb *** and found a custom mint 05 R6 for $4500.00 and it did not have that high of miles and it was real close to my house. It took all I had to not send a message.

At one point a few years ago I had 2 qauds 1 Dirt bike a Mustang GT and my Dakota. I'm now down to just the F4, Dakota and Spectra.

Just say no man LOL!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM

Im with BumbleBee. Stay away from Craiglist. Its obvious you have some cash so hold onto that ****. You have all the neccesities in your garage there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ive got a problem and need help!