Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I've been offered $5,000 to never ride again.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been offered $5,000 to never ride again.

Yep.

my mom made me an offer..well that i could refuse i guess

First off my parents are not crazy insane..they suport me 100% in anything i do.
Even being 17 they didnt just say, "no more riding cause we said so". they wouldnt do that to me, they would never take my passion away from me. i mean my parents are pretty laid back..i have 2 tattoos that my mom actualyl signed for(1 when i was 16) just because of the meaning they have i guess. But after i wrecked my bike and spent a few days in the ICU they pretty much didnt want me to ride again..but with the realization that my bike is nearly fixed, they are getting stressed..they thought i wouldnt be able to fix it.. i saved the entire winter. sold my guitars and gave up some important stuff in my life. but my mom made me the offer of 5 grand if i never rode a motorcycle again..The thought of accepting it never crossed my mind tho.

im just seeing..do you guys think im crazy for not accepting this?

or do you love riding so much that they couldnt pay you 500,000$ to keep you off of one like me?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Default RE: I've been offered $5,000 to never ride again.

wow...sold your guitars, that's dedication right there.

Yeah, I don't know any true motorcyclist that could be paid enough to stop riding--that's like saying 'I'll pay you money to quit breathing'...

Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

5,000 isnt a high enough # to keep me off a bike. you cant even get a bad *** sports car with 5 g's... but tell your mom this if you give up motorcycles you really want to get into BASE jumping or flying airplanes.... then see what she says

Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 PM

so true..i actually just sold my last guitar on ebay tonight..it was an ibanes SA. extra 200 bucks in the bank tho.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 AM

Tell mom maybe a new Vette would make you really consider it

Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

5,000 isnt a high enough # to keep me off a bike. you cant even get a bad *** sports car with 5 g's... but tell your mom this if you give up motorcycles you really want to get into BASE jumping or flying airplanes.... then see what she says
haha, i have actually been sky diving twice

they are the most suportive parents i have ever seen really. i mean they sit with me in the E.R atleast 20 times a year. and they never complain. they actually just sat in the er over night with me last month for 3 compression fractures to my back and a broken tailbone..they just asked if i was going to make it to the mardi gras snowboard comp haha. there pretty cool people.

this is the tattoo they let me get.. you have to look hard to see what it is, but the picture is jesus in tribal kind of thing, with the crown of thorns, the red is blood and the saying says "Call me with thy angels surrounded" (i got that after i wrecked.)
Name:  DSC00714.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  43.9 KB

Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 AM

5 is not enough..if you love it there is no price on it. **** if my mom was alive still she would have nevsuported me riding a 1000 or even a 200...but alo becuase she died i kinda got a 200...long story of events kinda unfolded...basicly if you love your bike so much keep riding for only yourself not someone else.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:23 AM

I like your tattoo alot man. Very original I got one of a cross and thinking of getting another.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only the undying love, and endless nights of sex with jessica alba, could get me to stop riding

Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be it $5000 or $50000, wot your moms trying to do is honorable, in the way that moms are.
Not riding & therefore avoiding another stack, is to your mum looking at the sensible thing to do, as to keep riding is to you. When I started riding (God, so long ago) my mum was great, made sure I got a decent bike, had the gear, & made me promise to be carefull, which I wasn't of course & I had two near fatal stacks within two weeks of each other (Yes & I had my bike repaired from the 1st one, it did not survive the 2nd)
But knowing my mum was so worried put a certain amount of responsibility on some of the stupid things I did, I never talked about my near misses with her or anyone else in the family, & just got on with learning from my mistakes.
I think a lot of us out there will have had similiar bun fights with our parents in wanting to ride a bike, & unfortunately a lot of us would have lost.
Tell your mum sure, ok, $5000 buys a lot of good Crack, & after you finish peddling it at the local high school & church group, you will have enough profit to buy a really decent & wickedly fast sports car.

Quick Reply: I've been offered $5,000 to never ride again.