Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I've been kidnapped!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I've been kidnapped!

For the 4th my girlfriend decided we were going away for the weekend. So she dragged me up to Hershey, PA.

So far I've driven up here to go... shopping of all things. Next on the agenda: Hershey Gardens for a picnic and fireworks. Tomorrow is the Hershey Story.

Warning: guys do not let your girlfriend plan the entire vacation! She wouldn't even let me bring Ororo. Claimed she would get lost if she drove... even with the GPS... and the route being a straight shot down I76

Old 07-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She wouldn't even let me bring Ororo.
sounds like she is a pretty smart lady.. doesn't want the other women along for the trip.

Its nice she wants to spend time with only you, but she should have had you in mind for the trip, by planning things you would want to do. But don't hold it against her, every women I've ever known that plans something centers the plan around them.. Its in their DNA..

Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Old 07-04-2010, 11:13 PM

Beware. Road trips are always long-term commitment tests ...

Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 PM

So far I've driven up here to go... shopping of all things.
why is it that women think shopping means holding their purse while they try crap on?

I once had my ex come into the garage with me while I worked on a car. I gave here a wrench and asked her to stand there for a minute while I crawled under the car. I had no need for her or the wrench, just wanted to prove a point. She only lasted 3 minutes before she became angry about being left there standing with nothing to do. I reminded her about how we just got back from the mall, where I stood around for 3 hours waiting for her. She got mad and left. I'm sure the smirk on my face didn't help the situation, but I couldn't help it. for whatever reason, its ok for men to wait around, but not women. I won't even get started on how many hours were wasted waiting for that perfect hair to be done, which always looked the same after an hour.

Whoa.... I went off base a bit.. sorry. Have fun on your trip

Old 07-04-2010, 11:55 PM

SOOOO FUNNY....I live 10 minutes from Hershey and we get a kick out of people coming down here. The shops at Hershey aren't that nice. I have never been to the gardens but they look beautiful...now cmon you didnt go to the hershey chocolate factory??? A free candy ride and a piece of candy haha.

The hershey fireworks on the hill are nice though.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:04 AM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by justasquid
why is it that women think shopping means holding their purse while they try crap on?

I once had my ex come into the garage with me while I worked on a car. I gave here a wrench and asked her to stand there for a minute while I crawled under the car. I had no need for her or the wrench, just wanted to prove a point. She only lasted 3 minutes before she became angry about being left there standing with nothing to do. I reminded her about how we just got back from the mall, where I stood around for 3 hours waiting for her. She got mad and left. I'm sure the smirk on my face didn't help the situation, but I couldn't help it. for whatever reason, its ok for men to wait around, but not women. I won't even get started on how many hours were wasted waiting for that perfect hair to be done, which always looked the same after an hour.

Whoa.... I went off base a bit.. sorry. Have fun on your trip
Awesome

Old 07-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lowridese
SOOOO FUNNY....I live 10 minutes from Hershey and we get a kick out of people coming down here. The shops at Hershey aren't that nice. I have never been to the gardens but they look beautiful...now cmon you didnt go to the hershey chocolate factory??? A free candy ride and a piece of candy haha.

The hershey fireworks on the hill are nice though.
She picked the gardens because they also reserved space on the hill to watch the fireworks. I'll post some of the pics later. Took forever to figure out how to get her camera into continuous shot mode in the dark.

As far as shopping goes, I Man Shopped. Tommy Hilfiger + 15 minutes + $150 = week's worth of clothes.
"Don't you wanna try them on?"
Why??? I'm a man. My waist size doesn't change because I thought about it.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awe, I have a pic of me there with my mom when I was little..

(I'm in the pink t shirt.)

Weird.. seems like my bf wants to go on road trips or we plan them together. I dunno if I could stand to be in a car for that long.... Well, it would depend on who was driving. He likes to play with his phone and drive... makes me insane. I don't understand him.

I'm assuming you mean clothes shopping..? I dunno why she'd plan that out for you. My bf is really good at picking out **** for me, but it's like a spur of the moment thing.. He despises going in womens' clothing stores.. But if we are in the grocery store and looking at clothes he can normally find exactly what I'm looking for. I feel for you man. I try to hang out with him in the garage, I get bored especially when there's nowhere to sit.. (I stand all day.) Kinda gotta compromise, as much as I'd hate to admit it sometimes... ha

I hope she kept you in mind when she made her plans.

You gotta pic of her?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Meh... don't think she gets this yet: I'm a doer, not a sightseer. Museums and gardens bore me stupid. The park will be my relief. Bad part is she's getting mad because I'm bored