Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its Weird This Place Feels Like A Second Family

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Weird This Place Feels Like A Second Family

I guess ide never thought it could happen before but its weird after how being on here so much and conversating with people you feel like you start to feel like your building a friendly relationship with members....

I can honestly say one member and I on here talk on face book regularly, have actually called and helped one another with bike stuff and non bike related stuff... Even thought about having his wife come up and chill with us this summer (they are 4 hrs or so away)

And its not just that there are alot of guys and gals on here willing to bend over backwards to help you out with your bike build on their own time...

Anyone else have stories like my own?

Last edited by __Z__; 05-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM

From my first post to now. I have learned alot and shared whatever I learned. Asking different people what they thought and for advise. Although I wouldn't know you from bob joe billy jean on the street if i passed you. however I do feel as if this is a family so to speak. And that also can be a big *that a boy*pat on the back to ALL the mods for the good job they do policing this place up and not accepting any bs. I love this place

Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Although I wouldn't know you from bob joe billy jean on the street if i passed you.

This is the part that sucks... I wish the forum was a safe enough place to post pictures up of ourselves... It would answer alot of those guys who dont have anyone to ride with... They may recognize a fellow cbr member around town... But I realize thats to risky and will never happen...

Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 PM

I was a long-time member of a car forum a while back and made a couple good friends there (a brother and sister; ended up dating her for a while ). Still talk to him all the time. I haven't been here long enough to really make friends, but I can tell everyone here gets along a lot better than they did on that other site.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This IS your family
All the others at home are just relations ..................

Thanks for the good words.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:01 AM

It's a lot like the wave, I think. Total strangers ... for a moment best friends.

I just did 800 miles in one go and only a single wave from a white 848 ... it's those rare moments that make the journey worthwhile.

Here's to you TA.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
Its weird This Place Feels Like A Second Family
And it's scary how many crazy uncles there are in the basement.

Originally Posted by Shadow
This IS your family
All the others at home are just relations ..................
lol.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
and it's scary how many crazy uncles there are in the basement.
hahahahahaahahahahaha

Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They say the family of the 21st century is made up of friends and not relatives.

It's hard not to be excited about motorcycling once you get into it and after about the 100th set of eyes that were rolled my way whenever I talked about riding IRL, it was nice to find a place where I could just shoot the **** about bikes and people don't brush it off as some useless eccentric indulgence.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylee
It's hard not to be excited about motorcycling once you get into it and after about the 100th set of eyes that were rolled my way whenever I talked about riding IRL, it was nice to find a place where I could just shoot the **** about bikes and people don't brush it off as some useless eccentric indulgence.
My thoughts exactly. I have 3 good friends who ride, and the rest of the people in my world just don't really get it. Some think it's cool and some like to talk down to me in their ignorance, but this place is somewhere you can go and just relate with like-minded people.

Definitely have enjoyed the crap out of my time here.

Quick Reply: Its Weird This Place Feels Like A Second Family