Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its a think line between love and hate

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its a think line between love and hate

OK: someone explain what pimp posting and flame baiting is?

I have no idea what this guy hard whatever is talking about...
writting me thinking that because I jokingly set my "homepage"
on here as maddox's "best page in the universe" that I AM MADDOX
(I.E. GEORGE OUZOUNIAN from salt lake city utah....the u.s. home of paligimy....and Its well documented EXACTLY WHO THE GUY IS!)

he wants me to postmy email in response to his, but i simply don't have it? its not saved? but heres what he sent me, hes more than welcome to post my responses....I really have no clue what this guys malfunction is? or why hes even bothering me? If you don't like what I have to say-block me andmove on buddy. As far as i know, In america we still have freedom of speech. Its called "CBR FORUM"

heres a definition of "forum" for you from the american heritage dictionary:

NOUN:
pl. fo·rums , also fo·ra (fôr, fr) KEY
[ol][*]

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program. [/ol][/ol]
heres the emails I have recieved from him so far....again, youre welcome to post my responses if you have them because I DO NOT!

[quote]

Date:
10/8/2007 2:08:49 PM

Subject:
Maddox the Paradox

see I took a few minutes to research you before I even contacted you. which is more than the courtesy you gave me and yes I realize this is the Internet .I'm no keyboard commando. I Am a Marine NonCom on medical leave, who is just killing time. But if your under the misconception that anonymity guarantees an individual the right to just persecute someone. You are sadly mistaken. I have absolutely no problem with anyone voicing their opinion on any subject. Myself and hundreds of thousands of others have sacrificed a great deal for everyone, regardless of their idiotic point of view to have the right to free speech. And I would never infringe on that right. I'm just not going to tolerate anyone personally persecuting me for what I believe in or what I chose to do in life. I am a fourth-generation Marine with a family history, which is proud of serving this country I have served in the the sandbox in which you refer to in your website, which for proper reference will be the following one tour in Afghanistan one in Iraq and a half another tour in Iraq before being injured by an IED but you chosen to comment about me personally. Before you knowing anything about me. You could at least had the decency and show some integrity by finding out a little bit about me. I hate myspace, { I seen and ready yours } but I have a bio running over there and there are a few threads concerning my feelings on the war. And photos of my injuries which will help you better understand who I am and what I'm about. I bid you a good day sir using the term loosely because you have not gained my respect of course it may not matter to individual like you, but the only thing you have shown to me

Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Default RE: Its a think line between love and hate

HAaahAAAAAHAAAAAAaa...that ****e is funny. Thats that hardcorp cat just talkin big homie. Dont pay no attention to him. And if he honestly traveled over 200 miles just to get at somebody for something that was said over the internet then he needs a life imo.

And long live maddox...dude is funny as hell

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Users

can we seriously just stop this....why do you have to post this in the "forum"...this is obviously between you and him...leave it at that....

yes in a way you are flame baiting...you are trying to draw this out...deal with it with him and leave the forum out of it....

i personally don't like some people on the board, but i just try not to pay attention to them....i try not to get angry and engage, yet sometimes i do and i get angry at myself when i do......

listen thomas...have no problems with you when you talk about bike related stuff, but a lot of what you say otherwise is inflammatory...not saying its not your right to do so, but you know damn well how a lot of people will react....you know they will react emotionally....THAT is the definition of flame bait....

let's just try to keep the confrontational stuff down to a minimum...this isn't a political board, it's not a board to discuss the morals of the country or society or the world, it's about motorcycles...specifically Hondas....occasionally we move off-topic to something, but we try not to let it get out of hand when the "emotionally charged" things come up.....

let's just drop this huh....you can go on about your post for the painting and continue to talk bike stuff....we are a really nice community on this site (one of the best boards i have ever been on) and we don't need to always have a thread going with some heated debate or worthless internet shouting match....

i hope everyone agrees....and if so...mods....PLEASE lock this down before it cascades out of control..

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 AM

yeah seriously!

o and by the way I KNOW I PUT THE WORD THINK IN THE THREAD TITLE....so dont bother blabbering onabout it. it was on purpose.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Retired Moderator

Ffingers articulated what I was thinking very well. We are here, first and foremost, to talk about bikes. The off topic thread is intended to be for fun. It is not a boxing ring for "e-thugs". We all get along really well here most of the time, in my opinion. That is what this is about...making friends and sharing information. What you have been doing reminds me of a family car trip where the brother is holding his finger one inch from his sister's face and saying "I'm not touching you...I'm not touching you". What is the point? It is done with the intention of getting someone else's blood pressure up. I have a good idea. Why don't you guys block eachother? Obviously the two of you don't get along. And again, please keep the intentional baiting to a minimum.

P.S. we will keep an eye on this thread and will close it with very little concern if the BS starts up. In general, we don't like to have to do that because as responsible adults, we should be able to police ourselves with very little Mod/Admin help.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardcorp is also on meds from his rather painful motorcycle accident. Not sure otherwise, he seems to be a stand up fellow. As for the emails..eh...

I made a post before, concerning a very upbeat, but dying (cancer) 47 year old professor's last public lecture on achieving your childhood dreams. One quote was the following:

"Find the good in everybody; No matter how long you have to wait."

I think this world would be a much nicer place if we practiced that. Anyway...just let it go. It's really not worth it. Besides a lot of people say **** on the internet that they wouldn't ever dream of saying to your face. This is probably a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzgEi_u9-88

oh another good quote from that professor:

"When you are screwing up and nobody is saying anything to you anymore that means they gave up."

Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Ffingers articulated what I was thinking very well. We are here, first and foremost, to talk about bikes. The off topic thread is intended to be for fun. It is not a boxing ring for "e-thugs". We all get along really well here most of the time, in my opinion. That is what this is about...making friends and sharing information. What you have been doing reminds me of a family car trip where the brother is holding his finger one inch from his sister's face and saying "I'm not touching you...I'm not touching you". What is the pount? It is done with the intention of getting someone else's blood pressure up. I have a good idea. Why don't you guys block eachother? Obviously the two of you don't get along. And again, please keep the intentional baiting to a minimum.
I was thinking that If i gave this wacko who has no reason to be contacting me his 15 seconds of fame that maybe he would **** off after that. Infact in the thread starting post it says "why not block me". I dont need some sad sack of crazy emailing me some bs about how i should respect him?

this is starting to smell like hot garbage to me....

Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no voice here, only eyes, and a finger hovering above LOCK.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Users

thanks rrasco...it needs to die...

i am trying to be as civil as i can thomas....you could have said what you said in that last post a thousand better ways than you did.....

"I was thinking that If i gave this wacko who has no reason to be contacting me his 15 seconds of fame that maybe he would **** off after that. Infact in the thread starting post it says "why not block me". I dont need some sad sack of crazy emailing me some bs about how i should respect him?"

EVERYTHING about that is flame bait....it's subtle pokes in every line....tone it down and just drop it...no need to respond to anything else said in this thread...INCLUDING this post....

rrasco...kill it...or somebody kill it...this isn't going to end well...

Quick Reply: Its a think line between love and hate