Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA

wont hurt me i still have stock. there is no aftermarket pipe that i liked so i never got one. there is nothing better out there then the stock one. sucks 4 u guys if it happends.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:45 PM

I'll agree with you to a point, but bikes are much louder after they have gone by. if I have my windows rolled up, I never hear a bike until after it has passed me. I think that crap was just made up by Harley riders who want to justify having foot long pipes sticking out the sides of their bikes.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: compulady5

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm sorry to say that most of "us" have brought it upon ourselves. Most sportbike riders have the "oh well, deal with it" attitudes that ruin it for all of us.

Our bikes are loud (even stock). And when jackasses throw on obnoxiously loud pipes like D&D, and then wake the entire freaking neighborhood up at 2 am, what did we expect was going to happen? I have to admit that most aftermarket pipes are way too freaking loud, and serve NO PURPOSE other than to be just that....LOUD. I myself even get pissed off when someone comes ripping through the neighborhood with a loud pipe at 2 am.

So, I can see where people are coming from with the noise level. (not to mention most aftermarket pipes are for "off-road use" anyway). It sucks, but there are far more complaints about motorcycles than motorcycle's themselves.

One thing the exhaust is good for (and I am grateful for) is that if drivers don't see me, they will HEAR me- therefore making it safer for me on the road. This is the reason why I chose to get an aftermarket exhaust.

I'll happily take a ticket and pay it because I want drivers to HEAR me and not hit me.

+1 exactly

Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll happily take a ticket and pay it because I want drivers to HEAR me and not hit me.
You worried about getting rear ended going down the road? The only way a loud pipe is gonna be heard AND save your *** is if it pointed forward. I hate the fact that my CBR has this Yosh pipe on it and wish it had a stock pipe, because it's TOO loud. It draws unwanted attention to me when I am out riding.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: compulady5

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

You worried about getting rear ended going down the road? The only way a loud pipe is gonna be heard AND save your *** is if it pointed forward. I hate the fact that my CBR has this Yosh pipe on it and wish it had a stock pipe, because it's TOO loud. It draws unwanted attention to me when I am out riding.

PPL next to me hear it. I don't know what you're talking about- my pipe is not under my tail.

If you don't like it, sell it and put the stock one back on?

I'm worried about getting hit, period. I don't care where it is and my eyes are all over the place, even when I'm coming to a stop- my eyes are glued to the rear mirror to watch for being rear ended.
i dont know if i go with that theory if people are to busy doing what there doing to notice you what makes you think a loud exhuast is going to help. if your so worried about geting hit the best protection is stay on the track or not to ride at all,.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned

I hate a noisy motorcycle, so I have no problem with any sort of legislation that quiiets down what I have to hear out there. The way I see it is do I drive with my horn honking all the time so people know I am there??? Of course not, No bike has any reason to be louder than a stock Dodge Viper or any number of Italian Supercars.

One thing the exhaust is good for (and I am grateful for) is that if drivers don't see me, they will HEAR me- therefore making it safer for me on the road.
This is a common misconception and this is why...if a person is startled by a noise, they tend to turn their head towards that noise, where the head goes the car tends to follow, right into the motorcycle. If you are behind the driver of the car, it is incumbent upon you to stay safe. If you are ahead of him, he already has you in his line of sight. So the arguement for 'loud pipes saves lives' is simply a marketing ploy or some slogan by ABATE to get rid of helmets'.

So there you go, given the amount of noise pollution by thumping cars with rap music, loud bikes, screaming kids, construction, f**king jet engines, guns, bombs, barking dogs, lawnmovers, weedeaters, thunder, ringing phones domestic violence all I can say is keep your goddamn noise to yourself, if I want to hear a screaming motorcycle I'll load it onto my F***king IPOD.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you don't like it, sell it and put the stock one back on?
I wish I had the stock to put back on. Unfortunately, I bought mine this way. If I could find a local that wanted to buy my slip on and give me his stocker, I would to it without much in the way of any hesitation.

They way I see it is this: These bikes make a very piercing loud wail, and that sound is VERY noticable and irritating to many that don't ride. That draws attention to us, and not all of that attention is wanted. In addition, the sound carries a LONG way when you are out in the boonies ripping along on the back roads, which in turn irritates the people that llive there. I would MUCH rather be able to rip on my favorite roads WITHOUT pissing people off and causing legislation such as what this thread is about in the first place.

Let me add this........ I LOVE to hear a bike wailing along and I love the sound of an uncorked exhaust. I also know that many don't though, and those are the ones that complain to law enforcement and submit the majority of votes. Those complaints are what cause all the legislation to happen, so we ARE our own worst enemies when it comes down to speeding, loud pipes, and reckless operation. The key is to learn how to do it and NOT **** people off in the process. I wish we did not have to worry about that, but the reality is that we happen to live in the US, the great "Land of the offended", and those that get offended are the ones making all the noise complaining.

I damn sure wish no one HAD to worry about those things though........... ****, I would love to be able to treat our roadways like the Europeans do, but we can't. Sucks, huh?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

The only way a loud pipe is gonna be heard AND save your *** is if it pointed forward.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

i kinda agree.

Quick Reply: Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA