Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its Official Now

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Official Now

Well its now official...i just got home with my brand SPANKIN NEW 06 1000 RR..all tho there are 43 miles on it now ...there were .2 when i bought it and much to my suprise State Farm insured me ..full coverage.....52 a month....WOW...Progressive wanted almost 160...i lost all my kewl parts with my 03 600..PCIII ,2Bros Pipe, My Corbin...all kinds of stuff but as soon as i got out on that new 06..it didnt matter...sacrifices needed to be made...LOL..
.I went to one of the shops close to my house and they said they could put me on a 05 GSXR 1000 for 100 a month...too good to be true...it was....but the 05 had miles ...so after a long day of waiting and haggling...yes no yes no....and...OMG...get this..
Im on my way to deal again for the second day and as im about 2 miles from the Honda Dealer...i see a silver car..come across 5 lanes...to get in the turn lane for a green and then stop...right in my path....Sphincter 12...i grab brake and everything got slow..i knew something was about to happen....i felt the bike come up under me and let go of the brake to set it back down a rats hair away from the bumper and right over onto my ankle...OWWWW...now there were like 5 cars that had stopped as they had seen it all from behind me and one guy even asked if i was allright...i was furious....MAD AS HELL if u will....so then my ankle is killin me after i upright the bike and remove it from the right fairing...i try to crank it over...and panic...NOTHING...OH NO....neutral...stand....oh no..i wrecked out....i push it across the road...hobbling...and mind u the whole time the driver of the car never asked if i was ok...too busy on the cell phone...figures...so i get to the gas station and ...wahhh laaa..it turns right over.I did acquire another scratch on the bike however and this didnt sit well with me seeing as i was just about to trade it in.So i ride the rest of the way thinkin maybe this was sign i didnt need a 1k.
I arrive late and the sales rep asks what happen yadda yadda...i tell her and she shares her crash stories too..i didnt feel so bad after hearing how she got blindsided on a R6 and broke 4 ribs...so after like an hr of number crunching..this was a tough one..i say lets do it...and the bike comes off the shelf and gets prepped and i tell ya i wanted to pass right the (*^%( out..i mean i had just signed for a new 06 1k with no miles.But after i got out on the road and had the chance to range thru all the gears...its awesome...AWESOME..

Ill need a new sig now so i took down the old one for now and there are a few new pics of the new Honda in the bucket link below..so check it out...its a sweet bike...

Thanks for listening..im soo happy

Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Its Official Now

Awsome dude... CONGRATS!!! 1000RR is an awsome machine! Glad everything worked out for ya despite the mishap... it could have been worse.

Be careful with the new ride and stay safe... enjoy!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yea... WTF was I thinking? How could I forget.....

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Retired Moderator

Kick ***, Bro!!! Enjoy the new baby...how could you post without having pics on hand...and pics of the hotty sales lady?

Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 AM

Cool!! You'll love it the more you ride it. I got about 750 miles on my 07 1K and it brings a smile to my face when I start it up everytime.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

and pics of the hotty sales lady?
It was probably a dude...he was so awe struck in the presence of the 1000RR that he didn't care

Old 04-25-2007, 01:01 AM

OWWCH...blinded by speed...

Hey D..how do u tell when your low on fuel now?...My 03 had a fuel gauge which i miss already

Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM

good for you,,, rock on man!

Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

OWWCH...blinded by speed...

Hey D..how do u tell when your low on fuel now?...My 03 had a fuel gauge which i miss already
Fuel light comes on.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 AM

<--- Jealous[sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Its Official Now