Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's the least they can do...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's the least they can do...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/03/evi...rss_topstories

This is so sad, and so many are in this position. Will 700 billion save these people?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned
Default RE: It's the least they can do...

But what message does this send to people??

"Go ahead and shoot yourself a few times and you don't have to make your mortgage payments anymore"

Old 10-03-2008, 07:37 PM

Maybe it says " we should take care of our own and the elderly need help too." in stead of sending 1o billion a year to Baghdad and building a giant *** fares wheel we could give housing to AMERICANS who deserve it!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

But what message does this send to people??

"Go ahead and shoot yourself a few times and you don't have to make your mortgage payments anymore"
Oh but thats the problem, WE still have to make our mortgage payments or they foreclose on us. The banks on the other hand...

Old 10-03-2008, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jstew600

Maybe it says " we should take care of our own and the elderly need help too." in stead of sending 1o billion a year to Baghdad and building a giant *** fares wheel we could give housing to AMERICANS who deserve it!
Again tho, those who work hard have, those who sit around expecting the govt to take care of them dont DESERVE shyt!!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM

Pretty hilarious that a problem that is largely created by the government has so many looking to that same government to solve the problem. You robbed me and may do so again, but please set up my security system!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 PM

, and I said, "Oh, no. Miss Polk musta done shot herself"
lmao...

Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 PM

A 90 year old woman living by herself and cant pay her bills doesn't deserve the support of this country and its citizens?
BULL****E!
[:@]

Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jstew600

Nowhere in my statement did I ever say we shouldn't take care of our own or support the elderly...what I did say is that it's not right for one person to get a free ticket for turning a gun on herself. Age is not a factor. Why would this woman be more important than a family of 4 who can't pay their mortgage? Well guess what, she pointed a shotgun at herself and pulled the trigger and she gets a free house out of it while Mr. & Mrs. John Doe are getting kicked to the curb with their 2 kids. But hey, all John has to do is bust out a 12-gauge and shoot himself w/ it and all his problems are solved. HOORAY!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 PM

it's a bull **** situation and i expect more from the american government and from us the american people. when do we stand up and make them accountable for the pain and suffering that we are all going through? they make examples of us every day instilling fear in us and have us waiting around in the corner while they eat at the table. it makes as much sense to argue about it on the forum as it does to listen to they're bull **** over and over again. i say we pull a couple forum communities together and instead of posting we write our congress and have a massive movement where everyone floods them with exactly how we feel.