Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its good to know people notice

Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Its good to know people notice

So last night when i was heading into work a portion of road was closed and i had to take a detour. I checked local news but couldnt find out why. Well tonight i went in to the gas station right outside my apartment like i do every night to buy my water and gatorade. The owner knows me since we talk for about 3-4 mins every night as i walk around the store. Tonight when i went in the owner says "Man its so good to see you!" I said yeah man how are you? He said "No No man i mean im glad it wasnt you in the accident, i really thought it was you after you left last night!" I didnt know what he was talking about and i asked what? Apprently around 930 last night some 18 year old guy guy on his phone turned infront of a motorcycle and caused an accident. I didnt see the bike when i was driving by but they had it blocked off for a good 1/4 mile. He told me when he left around 11 he saw a motorcycle on a flatbed being taken away and he thought it was mine and got worried. He then told me that since he has gotten to know me he has stopped talking on his phone while driving and tells his family to do the same.

It made me feel good that someone i talk to for maybe a few minuets a night has changed for the better just because he cares.

Just thought i would share.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is awesome to hear how he changed his driving habits to be a safer driver for himself and those around you all from conversating with you just a little bit each day. That sucks to hear about the wreck. That's the only thing about riding a motorcycle that kinda scares me in the back of my mind. It's not me I'm totally worried about, it's the person in a vehicle that doesn't have the common courtesy to stay fully focused to driving and their surroundings. really irratates me like crazy. I

Old 04-30-2011, 01:18 AM

good to know you changed someones perspective

Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 AM

im like that with some dudes at the local corner store here at school. I talk to them when i go in and make friendly conversation and i do the same at the 7-11 thats 2 blocks from me at home. I go in both of those all the time theyre always happy to see me and they hook me up. But damn i feel bad for whoever it was that was on that bike. glad it wasnt you

Old 04-30-2011, 01:44 AM
August 2011 ROTM

This story tells us that there are people out there that care about you and they don't have to be your family or friends

Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Glad you didn't eat pavement either.

Ppl on cell phones / email / other distractions sure are dangerous. Its an early warning this season thats its the other guy you gotta look out for.

I hope you got a free gatorade for being alive still

Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm happy to read you are ok! As well as that there are people out there that care enough to pay attention to driving. However, it's sad to read that not everyone can avoid the inconsiderate drivers out there.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:01 PM

Good to hear he has started to watch out for us on bikes more and is paying more attention. I wish more people around here would get off their damn phones and drive. Talking isnt the worst thing...its texting while driving! Ive seen truck drivers (who are in control of 80K pounds), state workers (my tax dollars are paying them to drive around distracted, and tons of teenagers texting while driving. I usually give them a little horn blow to see if they are paying attention....gonna be fun when I get hired as LEO to make some people pay attention with a quick siren blast. lol

Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Gotta be careful with the horn thing tho green... one of my college buddies did that to some girl who was completely lost in her phone looking down while driving.. he honks and she panics and swerves into him and hits his car lol

Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff!

I've been waving at people on phones lately and signaling to hang the **** up. Riding in front of whoever is using the phone, slowing down, turning my upper body around and making a 'hang up' gesture is my new thing (if no on is in front of me). Most of them look really pissed off and then hang up. The sheer quantity of people holding/using a phone in the car is ridiculous. I saw a bus driver using his phone. Sure, it's an automatic but still, it's a ****ing bus!

I've also seen a ton of people crossing intersections and crossing driveways looking down!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its good to know people notice