Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its called a Hobby...Get one~

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007 | 08:33 PM
Default RE: Its called a Hobby...Get one~

my mom hates it, my girlfriend is thinking about riding on it this summer, just gotta keep workin on her, lol

Old 02-28-2007 | 09:53 PM

I too, had bikes before my gf/wife. She has her motorcycle license also. Got it before we got married. Motorcycles are a little bit of who I am. There has NEVER been a discussion about me not having a bike or not getting another bike. Of course I also use my head, on that as well. She rarely rides anymore because of back problems. But, she knows for me it is just a way to unwindwhen I go for ride or even tinker on the bikes. Never questions me and I give her no reason to question me.

Old 02-28-2007 | 10:06 PM

My wife is great as well. We started off with a cruiser and went for rides together. We moved up to a Goldwing and took longer trips! Now I added the sportbike and we got her a Shadow.

She knows how much I love to ride and never gives me any grief when I want to go riding.

If she doesn't want to go, she has no problems with me going by myself. If I'm going to be gone all day, she just wants to know what direction I'm heading and makes sure I take my cell phone.

Old 02-28-2007 | 11:45 PM

My wife wants to ride she thinks, but after watching her hit the garage door on the way in yesterday I am seriously doubting her ability to handle a car, much less something on two wheels. Told her we could comprimise and get her a VESPA.

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:30 AM

my wife is supportive, i was gonna teach her to ride my bike tonight but i ran out of gas and it was too dark by the time we got back with the gas. she was right for the record..i was having problems and she was like your out of gas...i was like no its the carb acting up...but she turned out to be right

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:32 AM
Retired Moderator

Telly, maybe you should get her a skateboard first. Just make sure she has pads! I have to admit some of my proudest moments with my wife was after she got her bike...make it a 250 and she will be in good shape (in theory).

Old 03-01-2007 | 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Telly, maybe you should get her a skateboard first. Just make sure she has pads! I have to admit some of my proudest moments with my wife was after she got her bike...make it a 250 and she will be in good shape (in theory).
+1

Old 03-01-2007 | 01:10 AM

Not to bash my wife because I do love her... but she is clumsy. She really lacks in coordination, not only in driving but the simple things in life as well. I cant even tell you how many shirts she stains because for some unknown reason she cant seem to get the food in there right. It baffles the hell out of me because she has coordination golfing and playing basketball, but when it comes to driving and eating she scares me. Its to the point where I dont let her wear my clothes because I am afraid of stains.

Old 03-01-2007 | 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: telgren

Not to bash my wife because I do love her... but she is clumsy. She really lacks in coordination, not only in driving but the simple things in life as well. I cant even tell you how many shirts she stains because for some unknown reason she cant seem to get the food in there right. It baffles the hell out of me because she has coordination golfing and playing basketball, but when it comes to driving and eating she scares me. Its to the point where I dont let her wear my clothes because I am afraid of stains.
that was hilarious, i had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard!!

Old 03-01-2007 | 01:39 AM

I met my wife through bikes. She had a brand new H-D low Rider and I was Riding around on my 78 H-D. I turned a few wrenches on her bike, then sweet talked her into bed. a year later she helped me do a ground up rebuild on the 78 H-D, then decided she liked my P-Pad better than her bike and told me to trade her's in for my 06 CBR 1K RR. Then, bought me an Alpinstar's 2-piece, A-star boots, told me to "Get rid of that ugly fender and those blinkers" and is asking why I dont have exhaust yet. God I love My Wife! Best part, She's already asking about my 3 month old son's bike!!!

Quick Reply: Its called a Hobby...Get one~