Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its Autumn ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Its Autumn ...

If I drive up the lane from my cottage and park up by the big old tree, there are some breath taking views across the fields to Beeston Castle ... I love this place, used to walk to the top with the dog ..its so much steeper than it looks in the pictures ... there are a couple of nice wooded pathways to the top and the reward is a stunning 360 degree view across the plains of Cheshire ... when you are at the top its like looking down from an airplane, all the houses and cottages look like toys from up here ... pictures never do these places justice but do this on a nice sunny day with blue skies and its something you never forget :-)

Jules

Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Default RE: Its Autumn ...

Yes, the top image is taken from up the lane from me by the large tree .. that is a zoomed image too .. the castle is a couple of miles away but yes its all walkable .. I just used to drive to it because there is plenty of walking to be had once you are there :-)

Jules

If you stand by the wall around the tree you can see across to Beeston Castle between the tree and the bushes ... I just pull it in with a powerful zoom

Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang! Sooooo green over there. All I see here is dirt.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

Dang! Sooooo green over there. All I see here is dirt.
We get lots of rain but also lots of sun here ... so everything really turns vivid in colour, I love the autumn colours we get ... the spring is gorgeous here too with blue skies and all the blossom is out, then, its just a kaleidoscope of colour :-)

Jules

Old 10-18-2008, 06:55 AM

Damn...thats beautiful.....Can I come visit???
I'll toss "Carrie" in a crate and we can tear up the country side as you show me all the history.....there;s nothing here.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Pamw

Damn...thats beautiful.....Can I come visit???
I'll toss "Carrie" in a crate and we can tear up the country side as you show me all the history.....there;s nothing here.

You would love it here Pam :-) ..and the lanes and roads around here are a biking paradise

Jules

Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 AM

I'll snap a few pics of some of my fav roads.... tight twisties.....long gentle sweepers........str8 runs that you take flying FLAT OUT......the desert is perfect for that

Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 AM

These pics were taken in the summer last year but give an idea ot the views, the first is the castle entrance at the bottom of the hill .. the next two are views across the Cheshire planes but as is typical with pictures they dont do the place justice .. when you are actually there it seems much higher up than the pics suggest ..its also very peaceful and calming up there, on a calm day, an almost eerie silence ...

Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 AM

WOW! That is just crazy awesome. What a beautiful place to visit...let alone live! You are one lucky gal Jules. Looks simply amazing! I like your bike too, very sweet looking ride!

Quick Reply: Its Autumn ...