Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

iPod users?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Ty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod users?

It seems like all the newer sportbike jackets have holes for an audio device. I know it's illegal in Ohio to listen to headphones while riding on a bike (or in a car for that matter) but not sure about anywhere else. I've never ridden with earphones in mainly because when I wanted to try it outI couldn't get the earbuds to stay in place while I put my helmet on, LOL.

Does anyone ride with an iPod? This is just out of curiousity. I'm sure everyone here realizes that listening to music while ridingcould cause serious dangers to the rider as well as others.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: iPod users?

i tried it one time...couldnt hear a damn thing...

Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM

I love it. For longer solo rides it's great! I have a set of chatterbox speakers in my Icon Mainframe helmet. Just loud enough to hear but you can still here everything around you. For really loud songs I got an inline volume controller @ radioshack for 5 bucks and velcro'd it to the side of by helmet, I jsut reach up and lower the volume. Works great!

Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM

they have earphones that double as earplugs. stay in your ear really good and block out noise except what you are listening to. I sometimes ride my communte with them in, however, it is illegal. most places allow one earphone to be in use, not both.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM

i always was totally against the ipod while riding thing..everyone out here in Cali does it..but last week a Friend came a cross a dozen or so of them and gave me one for free.so i downloaded some metallica on old school jams.thought OK lets try it..hooked it up through my chatter box,and wow it made the 4 hour ride i went on Saturday alot more enjoyable..i wouldn't have it on riding around town though,but for the long freeway rides i recommend trying it out...

Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM

i have a video ipod, i tried listening to music a couple times on it....i couldnt get the buds to saty in well, they were about half in i could hear the music fine, but i felt slightly distracted when riding with the cord and everything.....not really for me i guess....if i was on a long ride, i might try to route the cord appropriatly and try it again...

Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgot to mention the headphones ****ing hurt cuz my helmet was smashing them into my ears...

Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM

I love my iPod for long solo trips as well. At Radio Shack I found these cool ear buds that are made to minimize the noise from your iPod itself, like if you where on a plane and didn't want to bother anyone around you. You roll them between your thumb and forefinger until they become thin and elongated, when insurted into the ear they expand into shape exactly like a saftey ear plug. The helmut doesn't pull these out and the sound is direct and clear. I have an arm band for my nano , I strap it outside my jacket on the inside of my right forearm. the wire then goes toward my hand up inside the sleave into my helmut. Works great.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

I got a pair of helmet speakers for my iPod. They have to sitting in there just right or else the bother my ears. The company used to advertise on this site, but I can't remember the name of them. I can still hear stuff around me, better than the earphones.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered Users

i listen all the time....i use helmet speakers from www.helmetaudio.com (think that might be what your thinking of fish)....they're great....they are not too loud as to completely obstruct the outside, but loud enough to enjoy the music even on the highway (although i lose low songs occasionally, nothing an inline amplifier wouldn't fix if i wanted).....the nice thing is they have a mini-plug on the speakers so you just unplug them from the back of your helmet and can ride with or without them plugged in and don't have to remove them (velcroed inside your hemet under the padding)....it then has a 1/4 to 1/4 inch plug wire with volume control so you can adjust volume on the fly....i love em...

best part, not illegal because they aren't in your ears...(granted in chicago, we have no laws against headphones but still)....let me know if you want more info

Quick Reply: iPod users?