Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Intimidating?!?!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Intimidating?!?!

Why is it when ever I write a well thought out post about my technical specific issues concerning my bike no one can have to common courtesy to even reply. Is it because I'm asking too much, or is it because reading several paragraphs is intimidating?

Please someone tell me, because I'm obviously just not getting it.

Last edited by coldflood; 08-02-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: forgot emoticon
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by coldflood
Why is it when ever I write a well thought out post about my technical specific issues concerning my bike no one can have to common courtesy to even reply. Is it because I'm asking too much, or is it because reading several paragraphs is intimidating?

Please someone tell me, because I'm obviously just not getting it.

I just answered most of them, they where asked not too long ago. Put them in the forum that your bike is to get results. Your bike is an F2 from what I gather, Just works best to ask questions in that forum then the general tech

Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM

I posted it in general tech after the f2 out of sheer desperation, my bikes been down for months now and I only have a week 1/2 before school and work start back up.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM

I didn't understand what you where asking about the volt readings, that's why I didn't answer that one for you. I couldn't figure out if you wanna know about the stator or the starter relay coil

Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Question OvEr My HeAd

The sheet you were talking about was over my head with the riggin up a fuse and jumping wires/connections. Take it to a mechanic if nobody here says anything and it is that much of a necessity.

Would you rather me tell you to do something which I don't know what I'm talking about, or just be quiet, or reply with "That sucks, don't know what any of it means, but good luck partner!"

*edited because forgot emoticon*- I saw that!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the OP would be best served posting questions in a very much more focused
manner , I'm seeing cotter pins as fuses and welding brake pedals etc.

Did you drop this bike or something ????

Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read and made some guesses, but here's a little constructive criticism:

You've posted your problem across 2-3 different sub forums here. You don't identify your bike in most, and don't clearly state the problem you're chasing in the others. It's like you think we've all read all of your posts, but we haven't - F2 guys hang out in the F2 forum, F4 in the F4 etc... We all use the off topic forum, but hey that's for bunny pics and general post-whoring. Put it all in one place - the F2 forum is plenty active with several people that can help with a problem, but don't be offended if we call WTF and ask for you to rephrase your question.

It also seems you have a lack of general understanding of bikes - which is fine - we were all newbies, but when you don't know what a part is, or if we think a broke piece is repairable, then post even crappy cellphone pics - would really clear things up.

And for the love of the dear baby Jesus, don't start another "fit a wider tire on a f2" or "can i put (insert bike here) forks on my bike..." thread without reading the ones that are already there.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Talking HA!

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
We all use the off topic forum, but hey that's for bunny pics and general post-whoring.
I just saw the bunny pics posted yesterday in something that was really Off Topic(I can't remember)and they were hirarious!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 PM

haha yeah I do tend to get ahead of myself sometimes.. but my thinking is if im wrong someone should correct me, I hate ignorance. Ne ways I think im gonna have a look at those bunny pics

Search this Thread