Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Interesting day.. almost too much.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting day.. almost too much.

Keep in mind I'm brand new to riding.. and don't know much about bikes.

But anyhoo, I had today off so I pretty much rode most of the day. Well, I drove up to an intersection, and just pulled up next to some guy on a harley (he was all tatted up etc.) We were both turning right, so as the light turned green I gave him the go, seen as how he pulled up to the stop light first. But he waved me to go first.. so I did, and then he comes out of nowhere going at least double my speed and cuts me off, probably about 1 foot from my bike. Scared the crap out of me and almost lost control. My question is, is there some kind of beef between riders? I heard not to ride alone in this city from someone but didn't really believe him.

Days not over.. I decide to go for a night ride. I see fire trucks/numerous cop cars going the opposite direction of me, so I figured the streets were mine! No traffic whatsoever. I'm cruising along at an average speed of 90 or so and pull up to a four way stop light. I look in my mirror and of course I see red/blue lights flashing. ("F%6$@ going through my mind, I'm going to jail..) I pull up in to the wallmart parking lot, the cop comes out yelling "What are you doing? etc". "Sir, umm. I.. I don't know, just riding". Usually I can smooth talk fairly well when it comes to cops. Well, I lucked out on this one. I was wearing ripped jeans and a sweatshirt (I plan on getting leathers once I get the money I assure you) but I also had on a reflective belt wrapped around me(on base rule for the military), and of course my helmet. He clocked me going about 30 over the speed limit. Somehow I got off with a verbal warning!

Then to finish off the night, just about 20 minutes ago. I walk outside on the balcony for a smoke, and I'm checking out my bike. What do I see? Two rabbits going to town about 5 feet away (second time thats happened). No respect... sigh.

Random story over..

Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Interesting day.. almost too much.

mmm i had a similar cop adventure last night, but i plead the 5th on that one, 12 psi thru turns is not fun[sm=nono.gif]

ive never heard of some **** like that ive pulled up beside mad harleys tatted out and everything, last time he smiled at me and said "nice day to ride isnt it" and this guy was the posterboy for harley, oh ya if youre new to bikes, might not wanna cruise at 90

Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 AM

fugging rabbits

Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i had that happen to me on the freeway. i was going about 85 and this harley is coming up fast behind me in my lane. so i move over as far as i can almost into the shoulder and he blows by me atleast 120 and is within 1 foot of me. so my friend on a 636 is in front of me and he blows by him and well my friend isnt as well tempered as me. and he chases the harley down and he ends up going 164mph (according to his speedo and him) but yea sometimes other riders can be ********. ive had other sport bike riders fly past me outta no where.