Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

inter racial marriages

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inter racial marriages

just wondering if any members on here are married into other cultures.. for example im a white and native american boy marrying a Laos girl .. starting to plan the wedding and she wants to have the laos ceremoney in the morning and in the afternoon we will have the traditional american wedding and then afterwards have a reception that incoprorates the two.

are there any big issues i might not have thought about that other of you might've run into ?

wedding isnt soon but planning takes a while (soo im told)

Old 09-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Default RE: inter racial marriages

Bro the only advice i might give would to be incorp. both ceremonies. The only reason I say this is because the both of you will be becoming ONE. If she wants it that way do what ya feel, BUT My belief is that if you have two ceremonies you are still embodying the fact that you two are seperate individuals. With a combined ceremony I believe this is a way to symbolize the fact that yall are combined now. My 2 cents thou. But this is your thing, do what ya feel! Good luck bro

Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 PM

i say do just one ceremoy..... the one that cooler. So probably laotian i'd say.

BTW what is "traditional american wedding" i don't think there is such a thing.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Dude, feel free to PM me on the subject. I've got a lot of thoughts on the subject, being the first of threeresults from an inter-ethnic/racial ( the racial part is debatable as both are technically caucasian) marriage, while most kids don't pay attention to the goings on in their homes, I did. I think I can give you some firsthandinsight on the subject.

On the topic of the wedding itself, why on Earth would one marry another person wanting separate cermonies for each side of the marriage? That's effed up, any way you look at it. If she or you feel there are some aspects of either ceremony that 50% of the now-extended family won't abide by, what makes you think they will get along so well?

Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: halik008

BTW what is "traditional american wedding"
Cheap *** wedding followed shortly after by an expensive fugging divorce.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: halik008

BTW what is "traditional american wedding"
Cheap *** wedding followed shortly after by an expensive fugging divorce.
OH oh oh oh ! i been to one of those! My step-bro's lol.... lasted 6 months! hahahaha

Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 PM

if she is happy, youll be happy. lol. thats how weddings work man.... to tell yall the truth, ive never dated a white girl lol ( im bohemian irish and german, aka white).... banged one once, but that is a different story, back to the subject of inter-racial relationships.... wut ever it is, if the ladys happy with the wedding you will be too. i know not a lot of people will admit it, but it is the womans day, us guys are just dragged along... and if that means shes happy having a laoation (sp?, sorry..) wedding, so be it. guys are there as cerimonial peices and just try not to forget your lines.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM

My Fiance is White (I am half white/half black) and her Girlfriend is Hawaiian

Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

the ceremoney for the laos wedding is stricly only family and wedding participants.. no friends or other witnesses.. it involves monks, blessings and such and since we want like alot of our friends to be involved we thought ok have the ceremoney and then a wedding that everyone can be @ ..

Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 PM

I think you should do only one like (bboi) said you are comming 1 and I do not think the way to start that out is by doing things both ways. I ahev been married and seperated and that was abig prob for us. We did a lot of things to make both families happy. you have to do what makes you two happy not the familey.

just my 2 cnts