Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Intentionally placed oil on roads???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intentionally placed oil on roads???

So last night Im riding around an I happen to notice some areas of the roads seem really damn wet. These areas include: major intersections, turns/bends in the road, and some straight runs. It is applied to the road from some thing that sprays it on would be my guess. Only because the substance starts and stops in a straight line. Well come to find out in a very undesirable manor that thecoating on the roads is literally as slick as ice!!!! I mean tap your brake and your tires lock up. Let the clutch out too hard and your bike will spin and get sideways. I was in third gear at like 2500 rpm and twistin the throttle toomuch made it break loose. This road substance stays on your tires too. I would get off of these slick roads and that stuff refuses to come off your tires, they stay slick. Your fairings get a dose of it too.I even have it on myvisor from cars kickin it up on me.It stinks when it is on your headers too.
My question: Has anyone experienced this type of crap on the roads? I have thought about it all damn night and cannot think of one logical answer for why the roads would have something this slick on them. Itkind ofbothers me to think that it could be purposely put therebe the localcops but, would they even be able to do something that dangerous just to get bikes to slow down?I have notasked any of the copsI knowabout this butthey have told me that the sport bikes in this town area problemand they are looking for other waysof catchingsport riders who allude. Ihad that in mind when I was thinking about possible reasons for the slickness. Let me know what you think!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Default RE: Intentionally placed oil on roads???

no way the cops would do that, your talking about something that could easily kill innocent people (in cars and bikes). You don't have to be going fast for oil to make you crash, actual oil could easily make a car doing the speed limit or under lose control. Those cops would have to be some demented and psychotic ***** to do something like that.

no idea what else it could be or why it would be there but nobody in their right mind would do that to enforce speed limits

Old 08-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

What town is this happening in? I gotta agree with Woody, no way cops would do that (no matter what we may think and type on this forum, the main goal of the Police is safety), As far as catching a sportbike, there are easier ways than making intersection/roads dangerous. Maybe it is a recycled oil hauler that is leaking. Is it petroleum or french fry oil?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM

maybe a harley just went throught there...

Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 PM

My riding buddy called the state patrol this morning an asked them what was going on. Apparently some sort of oil hauler was leaking oil. But, I really cant say that I agree with that. It is not a "leak". If you could see how much oil is on the ground an the places it is in you would not believe thateither. It covers miles of road! I dont buy the idea that law enforcement put it there an I am not saying they did.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 PM

It wouldn't suprise me if some of the residents nearby did something...There's this one road out by me that we always hit up when we ride, well, while out the other day, by myself, as soon as the twisties started there was gravel EVERYWHERE, like you could barely see any blacktop. When the "fun" ended, no more gravel. It was obvious that someone put it there. Yeah, our bikes can be loud but I was wondering if they put that there because of us or because that before the gravel was there, you could see burnout marks everywhere from cars, etc., so I can see the people that lived nearby getting pissed and doing something like this. I mean, I can't blame em', but now we just lost one of our roads.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 PM

He he! Good one!
ORIGINAL: woodyracing

maybe a harley just went throught there...

Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in my dirt bike days I ran in to similar situations twice. The first when a group of horse riders dropped a log across the trail on one side of a blind corner (it was a public road into a park), the other when someone placed rolls of barbed wire across a popular dirt trail in every blind spot they could find (again on public land). In the first instance the group who placed the trap had met me just moment before I reached the trap. I had pulled to one side and shut the engine down so as not to bother their horses as they passed. After nearly hitting the log it was very tempting to make a few really noisy passes through their group, but I didn't. Never found out who booby trapped the second trail, but would loved to have done so.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 PM

There is oil everywhere. Especially stoplights and slow country roads. This is because cagers in general don't maintain their vehicles.

They don't give a crap if some rider slips and kills himself. They don't give a crap if their car is in good condition. They don't care. Period.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 PM

tar ? i saw a local road that was sprayed with tar then they put little gravel ontop of it but the stuff flings everywhere with black tar... you make it sound like more then just a little oil...

Quick Reply: Intentionally placed oil on roads???